When I got home I had 42 lbs. of peaches waiting to have something done with them. I also had blackberries. I ended up spending the rest of the day canning. I got 9 quarts of peaches, 4 pints of peach jam, 2 half pints of peach jam, 2 pints of smooth peach jam (emma doesn't like chunks or seeds) 1 half pint of smooth peach jam, 3 pints of peach freezer jam and 4 pints of seedless blackberry jam.
To get the chunks and seeds out I use a contraption called a squeezo. It's super easy to assemble and wash. The girls had a fun time feeding the fruit into it and turning the handle. The juice runs out one side and the peels and seeds run out the other side. It's much easier than a lot of other ways of doing it.
I'm tired. But I have to go wash the sticky goo off my arms because I'm not too tired to go to the movies tonight. Which is what I'm gonna do!
8 comments:
Wow sista, you been busy!
That is some good looking canning, I tell ya. Good luck on the job. It really seems like something you would be fantastic with.
Wow, what a great contraption I was wondering how you made seedless blackberry jam! Anyway, good work and prayer said that you get the job!
Did you get the job?
Will you teach me how to can?
What movie did you go see?
I'm just FULL of questions today!!
Yum!!
I love the squeezo! Memories of endless hours of fun! The miracle of juice squeezing out the filter, while the seeds and skin come out the end!
In answer to Jodi:
Yes
yes
Becoming Jane
jea-lous
Post a Comment