Saturday, August 18, 2007

book club


Last night was book club. I had so much fun like always. I am so grateful to each one of these ladies in my life. We live all over the place but once a month we all know we can count on a good time of catching up. Last night I was sitting there listening to the conversations and thinking how great it is that we can get together and talk about things that are important to us and some things that aren't so important. I feel very relaxed when we are all together and I know it's because I can completely be myself. My life is made better because of the things I learn from each of you. I know I'm being sentimental but I'm good at that!

Merilee- You are such a gorgeous person inside and out. I know that sounds cliche but it's true. You have a true sense of goodness about you.
Amy- I'm so happy that you moved back here. We wouldn't have re-started book club if you hadn't of moved back. Thank goodness we have you to keep us informed.
Aundrea- You are hilarious. You keep all of us laughing until 2am. Last night you said you were a loyal friend and it's true. I know I could count on you for anything.
Jodi- I'm so glad I've gotten to know you. You are so fun and have a beautiful smile. You make people feel comfortable around you right from the beginning. Thanks for having us last night.
Alissa- You are probably the strongest person I know. I admire you so much. You have such an incredible amount of faith.
Katie- I love your laugh. You are such a good sister and aunt. It inspires me to do more for my nephews.


When the core of our group moved a few years ago I didn't think I would ever have those great book club nights again. I'm so glad we re-started when Amy moved back And now we have new faces and new lives to torture! We missed a few of you last night. I hope I see you next month at Jen S' home.

5 comments:

Merilee said...

I had such a great time last night too. I heart book club!

Christie said...

In answer to your question on my blog, I started Twilight Thursday, started New Moon Friday, and started Eclipse today. I am OBSESSED, I tell you, and absolutely head-over-heels in love with Edward. Love the books. Love them. What will I do when I finish Eclipse? I cannot be expected to wait until next year for my Edward fix. Sigh.

Darilyn said...

I know exactly how you feel.

Jodi said...

Last night was great! I haven't laughed that hard in soooo long...(one-piece g's) ;) It has been great getting to know you all...I feel lucky!

Love your blog...I'll check in soon!

Nyree said...

I belong to a book club too! I would be grateful if you could recommend any favourites you have read. I've been putting off choosing one. I know not everyone likes the same book every time but if you know of any particularly enjoyable reads, please let me know! Thanks.