Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Indian Mary


When I was a little girl growing up my best friend Tonya and another friend of ours would go to Indian Mary every summer to go camping. They would come home and I'd have to hear about how fun it was and how they couldn't wait until next summer. I always wanted to go too. I felt so jealous. I'm so blessed to have married into a rafting family. Because of that it has led to our own families' summer tradition of spending 3 days camping at Indian Mary. We camp for 2 nights and raft the rogue river 2 days. It's so much fun. I love hearing every year on the way home "when do we get to go again?" I mentioned the other day to my friend Tonya (we are still very close ) that we were going to Indian Mary soon. She said she was jealous that I get to go. HA!. I laughed at how life works. I'm so glad that my children get to experience the magic of Indian Mary now.

This year Chris' mom wanted all of her children there. So Chris' sister Melissa and her family flew out from Salt Lake, Cameron flew in from Minnesota, Aunt sue flew in from L.A. and Ross just got home from his mission two weeks ago. Two of his siblings couldn't make it. We missed you Micah and Matt! His sister Sara came for the day on Monday and rafted with us. It was fun spending time with everyone.

This year we also got to go rafting with our friends the Camerons. Merilee even got me to jump off a cliff! Last year I climbed up there to jump, looked down and chickened out. This year I couldn't chicken out because she jumped. I still wasn't as brave as she was because I went down to a lower ledge. But I DID IT!

my jump


Emma and grandpa Scott at Rainie Falls

7 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

Wish I could have been there.... I love the photo of emma and Scott. Someday I will be close by and be able to enjoy all these great memories with you! :)

Merilee said...

Ya, I think I need my kung fu kick picture taken down. It kills me to see it.

Merilee said...

thanks!

mahina said...

i grew up in a rafting family, my dad was the scout master and we tagged along on all of the rafting trips, but our river was the american river in placerville, ca. I LOVE RAFTING! i can't wait til our kids are old enough to go. we want to do a rafting family reunion! my mom and dad went over rainie falls on one of their trips and their boat folded in half and the bail bucket squashed my moms leg. its cool to see it in your picture! did you guys raft it?

Bridget said...

Wow, looks like a blast. I like Mahina did the American River several times as a teen. I love the photo of you jumping. Someone was quick with the camera.

Darilyn said...

No we didn't go over rainie. We didn't do that section of the rogue. Chris took Emma and they hiked to Rainie. Last year we did go down the section where Rainie is and one guy in our group went over it.

Melissa said...

I love those pictures!!! You are such a great photographer!