Tuesday, August 28, 2007

fun at the beach

Emma, Oscar, Sabrina, Makenzie, Samantha, Heidi
grandpa Jay, Antonio, grandma Ladda


We got back yesterday from spending 4 nights at the beach. A big thanks to my dad for setting everything up. It was such a nice treat. The girls had a great time with their cousins. We went to Mossy Creek Pottery which is one of my favorite places. And also to Alderhouse glass where we watched them make a lamp shade from start to finish.

We had fun playing games together......


Chris, Makenzie, Emma, Heidi and Oscar playing Pente

Shopping along the streets of Lincoln city was fun for everyone and I think everyone found something they couldn't live without. We also spent time every day down on the beach where the kids buried each other and played in the water.


And flew kites....

The crab shack on hwy 101

The trip wouldn't have been complete without pulling legs from a fresh cooked crab and sucking the meat out! Yumm!!!!!


I loved the view and sound of the ocean from my bedroom. I slept with the window cracked open every night so I could hear the ocean as I fell asleep.

10 comments:

Bridget said...

Oh how beautiful. What a great time and great memories for your girls.

Merilee said...

mmmmmmm!

jaust.me said...

Darilyn, Ican barely stand to read your blog because you are always having so much fun and I am so jealous. Of course, I don't really want you to stop having fun or blogging about it, but do you think you could at least share a little crab? I mean, come on!

Christie said...

Beautiful pictures...looks just heavenly. Wish I was there right now!

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! We vacationed in Lincoln City a couple of years ago and it was great! Glad to hear that you had a good time!

Aundrea said...

No fair! We NEVER get good weather when we go to the beach! I'm glad you had a fun time :)

Jodi said...

We love...love...love the beach! What a nice way to end the summer :)

Stephanie said...

Okay- I checked your blogging out!
You are way to cool for me!! How FUN! I would do a blog, but wait who will go read it??
See you at cheer practice:)
Stephanie

Darilyn said...

I would read it! And your family would read it. Are you kidding? grandparents love to read about what their grandchildren are doing.

mahina said...

i clicked on mossy creek pottery. it looks so pretty and unique! i can only imagine how beautiful your bowl is!