Thursday, August 30, 2007
NOVEMBER 7TH
For about 18 years now I've been rearranging my life around this date. Nothing is allowed to happen on that evening. Nothing that can't be delegated to my husband, canceled or rescheduled. It's the night of the CMA awards. A big night for country music enthusiasts like me. It's the academy awards of country music. One of my favorite categories to watch is the Horizon award. Winners in the past include the Dixie Chicks, Sara Evans and Kenny Chesney. This year two of my favorites are nominated. Kellie Pickler who was an american idol contestant (listen to Red High Heels) , and Little Big Town (listen to boondocks or good as gone) who just has so much energy they are so fun to watch and listen to. As for entertainer of the year? I think Brad Paisley deserves it this year. He has had an incredible year. To see the complete list of nominations click here.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
You are so funny. You go girl! It was good seeing you tonight.
I can't believe, at last, I have actually found a fellow Little Big Town fan!!! (They're hardly known in the UK.) Boondocks is our family favourite and we turn it up loud in the car! If ever we make a trip to the States, it will just have to coincide with an LBT concert!!
Nyree, I love that you comment on my blog! You need to do one so that I can see what you and your family are up to.
I like country too, but I don't hold a candle to you:) I was trying to wrack my brain trying to think what Nov. 7th was when I read your title. Now I can relax a little since I found out what it is you funny girl!
I love country music, I was country when county was'nt cool!
Although I should have you mark your calendar. Nov 7 is my b-day! I see the show as a present to me from all the singers who love me! (which is all of them):)
you are so funny Stephanie. I didn't know that was your b-day. I'm marking it on my calendar. right along with the CMA's .
We totally got to watch together! It's way more fun that way.
Post a Comment