Wednesday, July 6, 2011

This morning I woke up to find this picture sent to me in my email.  It is so awesome. It is a picture of my cousin's son, Connor.  He is in the middle, the one that is tall with dark hair.  We attended a church meeting where he spoke about the Gospel of Jesus Christ a few weeks ago. I was so impressed with his knowledge and preparation.  He will be an outstanding missionary.  This picture was taken when he arrived at the MTC in Brazil.  I cried when I saw this picture, that picture signifies a beginning of a chapter of his life he will NEVER regret and love possibly more than any other.  It's a beginning to learning what true love is because he will love those people with a fierceness that he has not experienced before.  I miss that time in my life. I was able to become everything I wanted to be.  There is a mantle of authority given to the Lord's missionaries and with that mantle you can do some pretty incredible things.

Connor will be serving in the Brazil, Manaus mission.  That mission used to be a part of the mission I served in, the Brazil, Brasilia mission.  He will love it and will come home weighing about 25 lbs less because he will walk and sweat so much.  Can I go on another mission?  That weight loss plan might actually work for me!

Boa Sorte, Connor.  Amo Voce!

2 comments:

Denise said...

I truly admire missionaries. Both of my brothers served missions and it completely changed their lives (for the better). I love your blog by the way :)

daveanddenisemadsen.blogspot.com

ducklips said...

You can go on another mission, but your kids have to be out of the house, and you have to bring your husband with you. ;)

I'm so excited for your cousin. I think of my mission every day of my life.