When we arrived Heidi's friend Sidney ran out to greet us. Eliza was hiding under some blankets and in gasps of words because she was so excited, Heidi told Sidney some story about how we picked up someone off the side of the road. When Heidi said this Eliza popped out from underneath the blankets and to all of their delight Sidney's face beemed and she said, "ELIZA!!!!" It was a great moment. Sid knew that Heidi was coming but we kept the fact that we were bringing Eliza too a secret. From that moment on it looked like this:
I was also happy to see Merilee. I have really missed her. My life has really changed since she has been gone. Not in a dramatic way but in small ways that are noticeable to me. Like for instance, I have nobody to call at the last minute to do things. I have tried a couple of times to call different people and I just get the, "well, i'm busy right now but maybe next week" answer. But what they don't understand is that I want to come over to their house and have them make me lunch NOW. Not next week. I mean, is that too much to ask?
I would post a picture of Merilee and I together but, yeah, don't have one. Never took one. I'm kind of in an anti picture mood at the moment. And Merilee never wants her picture taken so I avoided that.
What I loved about our Santa Cruz Vacation
The boardwalk with the rides, I felt so California-ish
The beach in Carmel
Finding Sea Glass in Monterey
Watching the porpoises in Monterey
The sun on my face
Making strawberry Lemonade with the girls
The fairytale houses in Carmel
Lush
Merilee's house
Seeing three sweet adorable girls reunited
Watching Mason on the skim board
Spending time with Merilee
The fruit stand
Phil's Fish Shack
As I mentioned in a previous post, I got a new camera. I've been desperately trying to figure out how to take good pictures with is. This was my best one of the week. I like how it turned out.
4 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good time. Even though, of course I'm totally jealous. I love the way you describe your trip and how happy the girls being happy makes you!
Ok, I have to go reread the post because I forgot what else I was going to say.
Oh yeah, and I'm glad that you loved LUSH. It's my favorite store in the world. Although I did have to hide their fb page because it was way too political and not in an agreeing with me kind of way.
I am so beyond jealous!
Sounds like such a great get-away! I love Santa Cruz. We went there about five years ago and it was one of my favorite vacations.
I wish we lived closer! I would totally go to lunch with you - right now! I've missed those types of friends since we've moved away so trust me when I say that Merilee is missing you too. :)
Your pictures are great! I love them. Learning a new camera is a fun challenge, isn't it?
Post a Comment