We had a blast! Woohoo! I love a great family vacation. And for those of you who read about my packing woes, we made it all fit thanks to some friends of ours who let us borrow their car top carrier and bars. We attached their bars to our rack and were able to put two car top carriers side by side. It was genius and worked brilliantly. We still only took four changes of clothes and then did laundry midweek, that plan worked well, less laundry to do when I came home too, which is always nice, huh?
So I have so much to share and where to start? Not sure, but the thing that pops in my brain the most is our family video. For one of the evenings at the family reunion we were supposed to share a video of our family that we had created. I was excited about this because I had just made one on my computer for my cousin and felt confident in my new found abilities. But when I went to make it the God's of Computer land were working against me. For some reason it told me that I couldn't use the program I had just used two weeks previously because my video card wasn't good enough. I know there is nothing wrong with my video card so who knows what is up. After a couple of times of mentioning it to Chris I decided to go ahead and start with another program on my computer, Adobe Premiere. I had never worked with it before and at first it seemed fine. But then as I got to the part where I needed to add music and captions it was not so great.
When we left for the reunion our video was still not done. Chris and I spent two nights of staying up until 2 a.m. at the reunion to finish it. It turned out great and now that we know how to use it hopefully it won't be so hard next time. Here is our video. Enjoy.
3 comments:
You did an amazing job great work!!!!!!!
we borrowed our friends cartop carrier for our trip to california and it was such a blessing! all we had inside the car were pillows, blankets, food, movies, and activites for the girls to do on the way! i don't know how we could have made it without that thing!
your video is just simply amazing...nice work Darilyn!
Post a Comment