Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Amazing Race - Reunion Style

Ten minutes into our family reunion Amazing Race Annie comes running towards me with, "Chris fell and sprained his ankle."  I just stared at her. Then, after a couple of seconds I smiled, shrugged my shoulders and said, "again?" I think she thought I was not very sympathetic.  I am though. I did what every good God fearin wife should do and I went and got my husband an ice pack.  And then when they drove him down the hill and placed him in our van I could say, "here is your ice pack." He was impressed with my skills of securing ice packs I think. 

So then Chris and I drove our trio of troopers around to their various Amazing Race destinations.  We would have come in second place except for the fact that we were not given the clue at one of the last stops. Duh, we kind of needed the clue. Oh well. We reminded the girls amidst their very evident disappointment that things sometimes go wrong on the real show too.  Things beyond their control, like cars breaking down.  We could not be held accountable for a cousin only giving us half the clue we needed.  It was a good lesson for them in not winning i suppose.  So this times Amazing Race trophy went to the big shot boys who tried blocking the roadway with their truck.  They thought they were so smart but they underestimated my ruthlessness and ability to maneuver around that tiny truck.

Not sure what we will do next time during the Amazing Race.  Chris and I are turning out to not be fit competitors. We will have to pawn our spawn onto another family I suppose. Maybe Krista will feel like leading them into victory, who knows.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

I love that you guys do an AMAZING RACE during your family reunions! Wish I could be a MAY for the day :)

While in Maui, I got to meet Mike (his brother and him were partners on the Amazing Race a few seasons back. Do you remember the little people who were really athletic?) It was a fun encounter with someone from one of my very favorite shows!

Rochelle said...

What a cool idea, Amazing Race family style! I've enjoyed keeping up on you through your blog! Girls Camp looked fun! Enjoy the rest of your summer!