Thursday, January 28, 2010

These are a few of my favorite songs

A couple times a year a song comes along that I get obsessed with. You know what songs I'm talking about. They get under your skin. They conjure emotion that is so deep within you love it either because you can relate to it or it is so artistically beautiful you want to stand, applaud and cry. I don't get sick of these songs and I can listen to them over and over and over again. Some songs that have been on that list are:

Sugarland's "Stay"



Jennifer Nettles amazes me in this video and I want to be her.




Gary Allan's "Best I Ever Had"



His voice mesmerizes me. This song is one of my favorites. This song is about his wife who had recently died. Think of that when you listen and see if you can get through it without bawling.



My current obsession is:
Alicia Keys "Empire State of Mind, Part II"



The first time I heard this song was on Saturday Night Live. I was transfixed and immediately showed the video clip to Makenzie the next day. She's been playing it on the piano ever since and I am loving it. This song transports me to New York City and it's amazing energy. I love the passion of Alicia Keys' for her city and how it comes out through her voice and the keys of the piano.




Trisha Yearwood's "How Do I Live"



Forget Leann Rimes version. This is the one I love.




Sheryl Crow's "Always On Your Side featuring Sting"






Alison Krauss' "Missing You" featuring John Waite



This 80's remake is incredible. I love it. At first I wondered how their chemistry would work in the video. They are amazing together.




Here is another remake I love
Sugarland, Little Big Town and Jake Owen's with
"Life In a Norther Town"





And my favorite song of all-time. Not sure if anything will ever replace it.

The Beatles "Here Comes The Sun"



I love the smile that comes across George Harrison's face when he hears the applause at the beginning of the song. This song feeds my hippie heart.

I'll end it at that.

What are your favorite songs?


6 comments:

Tonya said...

What a fun post!

My favorites are:

Allison Krause- When You Say Nothing At All

B-52's-Love Shack

Chris Isaak- Wicked Game

The Cure- Love Song

Depeche Mode- Somebody ( This is mine and Matt's song)

Erasure- I LOVE all their songs!

IZ- Somewhere Over The Rainbow

The Lightning Seeds- Pure

Plain White T's- Hey There Delilah

The Proclaimers- 500 Miles

Tesla- Love Song

When In Rome- The Promise

These are just to name a few :0)

Sarah said...

I have never heard the sheryll Crow and STing song. I love it. I'm so glad I've heard it now. Now for my favs. That's a hard one but here goes in no particular order.

Hero- Enrique Iglesias

You're My Angel- Brooks and Dunn


Because You Love Me- Jodi Messina- This song I happened across when I was 19 and investigating the church and three weeks later became a member. As unorthodox as it is it reminded me of the savior. It really said how I felt at that time in my life.

I'm Moving On- Rascal Flatts

Amazing Grace- Christ Tomlin

You're the Inspiration- Chicago

Forever- John Stamos and The Beach Boys

Unknown said...

We have similar tastes. Good choices. Are you going to the Jamboree this year?

Merilee said...

awesome, awesome post. I think what music people are drawn to tells a lot about them.
Stay is an amazingly beautiful video!

Darilyn said...

Tonya and Sarah- I love your fav songs. There are a few I haven't heard so it will be fun to look those up.

Lacey- Great minds sing alike! Not sure about Jamboree. If I go we will have to hook up.

Merilee- you commented!

Amanda D said...

Right now I am loving Josh Turner's "Why Don't We Just Dance" and pretty much anything by Lady Antebellum. I've been listening to a bit of the Beatles too. I'm mostly country though!