Thursday, January 14, 2010

On my birthday....

My true love gave to me:

Incredible friends to spend the day with

My day started here where I took a weight lifting class.

it kicked my butt.

Like always.

But I was there with four of my friends and they got their butts kicked too.

Then it was home to shower and get ready for lunch.

Merilee and Tori took me to this place.



You haven't been there?

Starting in February you can get Cherry pie alamode for 22 cents. For the entire month.

Lunch was fun and I adored the time with my friends. Tori made me a cake, one of my most favorite kinds. And Merilee gave me so many fun little gifts. It was a blast.

Later, my friend Tonya picked me up and we went to Gustavs for dinner. There were five of us altogether and it was a complete blast. There were balloons, a birthday crown and presents. Who doesn't love that?

Thank you Tonya, Mel, Tiffanie and Laurie for one of the best evenings of my life. You will never know how much I appreciate it and how much your friendship means to me.

Turning 40 isn't so bad.

But I knew it wouldn't be.

11 comments:

Quinn said...

Happy Birthday Darilyn, it would have been fun to be there as one of your friends! Please tell Tonya and Melodie hi from me. Cool to see a picture of all of you together. I'm glad you had such a great day. Love, Quinn

Amanda D said...

I'm so glad you had a great birthday. Enjoy the 40's!

Kris Farrar said...

40 is AWESOME!!! Welcome aboard! All the coolest people are here :)

Tonya said...

Awwww...so glad you had such a special day!!!

Jodi said...

HAPPY DAY!!! Sounds like a great way to ring in your 40s!

Grace said...

sounds like you had a nice birthday Darilyn..working out and all. that place you ate at? Where is that? I have driven by that several times but can't recall where it is.
Glad your birthday was fun

Sarah said...

How fun!!!

Just an FYI, go back to Davidsons in July for their fresh rasberry pie. It's to die for. My favorite pie. but then they are my favorite berries.

Melissa said...

Glad you had such a good birthday! Hope this year brings you much joy.

Mandy said...

Yeah for Birthdays! Glad yours was so fun! Happy Birthday my friend!

Bridget said...

Glad you had such a fun day! You deserve it Darilyn!b

Jen said...

I miss Davidson's we lived so close to it! I have had a Cherry Pie there for 22 cents! I'm glad you had a great birthday!