A small group of family and friends stood around the casket sitting atop it's burial plot with their heads bowed in prayer. The dedicatory prayer began and a few seconds into it I heard it. I wondered if others had heard it as well; the spirits floating through the trees. It was a beautiful sound and not one I will soon forget. I knew in that moment that we were surrounded by not only Ben's spirit but his family and our family as well. Maybe some would not believe what I know I felt. But if you had been there you would know it was true. Why would they not want to be somewhere as beautiful as this place?
6 comments:
Again my condolences. What a gorgeous day and a beautiful place. I have felt that and I believe you are right. Not to mention the literally thousands of books written on near death experiences that testify of those beyond coming to meet the one who is passing on.
It looks like you had a beautiful day. I'm so glad. Thanks for sharing your feelings of the day.
How is your mom doing?
What a neat experience, Darilyn. I experienced something very similar at the funeral of a good friend who died when we were in high school. The picture of the trees is amazing.
That place is beautiful!!
And what a beautiful and wonderful experience that must have been!!
What a beautiful place to be at such a time.
Post a Comment