Emma May (insert shouting, hurrays and "way to go, Emma" here)
This was the scenario at the Portland Feis this past weekend. Emma did great. She did more than great. She had her personal best scores and it showed with her taking first place in her soft shoe dances of the Reel and Slip Jig and her hard shoe dances of the Treble Jig and Hornpipe. She also got the first place trophy for her Trophy Dance. 5 first places. She was amazing. It would have been a clean sweep except that she did not place in the Light Jig.
I would put some pictures up except that my camera is sick. Yep, his eye is broken. So he went back to his maker for eye surgery and hopefully he will come back all better. (sniff sniff)
My sister took pictures and when I get copies I will add them to this post.
I am especially thankful that my sister, mom and aunt Sherilyn and Uncle Mike were able to be there. I think they must have been good luck charms.
Oh, and my soda bread I entered got first place as well. It helped that there was no competition. I don't mean that to seem hoity toity of me, there was literally no competition. I was the only competitor. So not too difficult to win first. But I did love the judges comments, "I can't stop eating this bread. It's very, very good." That made me happy!
So up next for Emma is the Novice level for most of her dances. She will now get the embroidered school dress. It's exciting but expensive. I have prepared Emma for what to say when relatives ask what she wants for Christmas, "I would like money towards my Irish Dance dress." She has practiced with a smile, a sad puppy dog look and the glittering eye look. Not sure which one will be most effective.
11 comments:
Hurray and way to go Emma!
Yeah for Emma! That is so exciting! I used to compete in dance and I loved feeling the recognition of all my hard work. These are wonderful memories for later!
How exciting!!! Maybe you need to post your soda bread recipe along with those pictures...I can hardly wait to seet them!
That's so wonderful. Go, Emma!! It's really cool to hear her doing so well.
First, congrats to Emma! THat's so exciting.
Second, you're not supposed to tell people that there wasn't any competition. :) Congrats on the bread. Any chance you're sharing the recipe? I love bread. Mmm
How exciting!! I can't wait to see some pictures!!
Wow, wow,wow,wow,wow. That was five wows for Emma. How exciting!!! And wow, that's one wow for you for winning 1st place for your soda bread. What a talented family:0)
Good job Emma! And I'm thinking you should post the soda bread recipe! :-)
How exciting! Yeah for Emma!
Yells, shouts and cheers for sure!!!
WOW! Emma is a ROCKSTAR! Amazing!! And I am not surprised that your bread won. Everything I have ever eaten, that you have made, I have LOVED! No joke.
BTW...I NEED that salsa recipe that you sent with Merilee on Friday. LOVED IT!
Post a Comment