Do you know that scene in Sense and Sensibility where their dad has just died and Marianne is playing that incredibly sad song on the piano? It is making her mother cry and Eleanor asks Marianne if she could not play something a little more cheerful? So then Marianne starts playing another song which is just as bad as the last one.
That is the scene in my house right now.
I have arrived home after being gone 5 days. My stepfather passed away on Tuesday. I am home for 24 hours and then I leave again.
Makenzie is playing a very sad classical song on the piano right now. And it's making me cry.
See the similarity?
On a cheery note, I was very happy to see the beautiful faces of my girls and to feel their hugs and even happier to be embraced by my husband. I'll endure the sad music. It's good to hear her playing.
10 comments:
I was just sitting here thinking of Ben and how greatful I was to have planted a nice wet one on his lips the last time I saw him...I loved his hugs and his smile and the way he made people laugh. Kiss your mom for me and know how much I love you!
Oohh Darilyn!! Sorry to hear that he passed away! That is so hard. You'll be in my prayers!
So sorry for your loss, Darilyn! I know you were very close to him. Sending my love and prayers your way!
my mom said that's what she really missed when i left home....the constant piano playing....for better or worse. it just fills the air. she also told me that she could always tell how things were going in my life by my choice of music to play.....a great insight into your daughter's soul! enjoy it....it will be gone too soon!
Oh, Darilyn, I'm so sorry to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
I am so sorry, I have been thinking about you this week, we will keep you in our prayers.
I'm sorry to hear about your step father. I'm sure you were very happy to see your girls though
I'm sorry, Darilyn. You have such a great personality and I enjoy reading your blog posts. It makes me smile to think about how much you love and enjoy your family. So inspiring.
my prayers are with you and your whole family...
I am so sorry. I hope soon everything will be cheery with music to match.
Post a Comment