I love my city...
First place we went was La Bonita, a locale that has been on my list of places to eat for about three years. yeah, I don't get out much. The reviews are outstanding and it's been said it's the place to go for a dang good burrito. We trekked on over to Alberta Street to find this eatery and we were not disappointed.


I ordered the Carne Asada Tacos which came with rice and beans. The rice was good, more than good. It tasted as if it had been cooked the Brazilian way where each individual grain of rice is stirfried first in an oil/garlic combo and then you add your water and let steep until perfect. I loved it. The color was a subtle red where you knew it had been made with fresh ingredients not some package mix. Yum, yum. I can't say enough about the Carne Asada. I don't eat steak. Rarely anyway so it was a surprise that I even ordered this. But how could I refuse when the guy behind the counter told me it was the most popular thing? It was delish. Yum, yum again.
Next up is a place called Ink & Peat. Darling name for a darling place. I found some lovelies here but won't blog about it because I'd have to spoil the surprise for the recipents. I'll just say that my Christmas shopping started today! It's a place to definitely check out. This is on Williams Avenue in the Northeast part of Portland.

And after you are done with your shopping head across the street to Pix Patisserie. I had heard of this place before but had never been. Man, have I been missing out. This will be my new "take out of towners to" place. Their desserts and chocolates are yummy but it's really the French Macaroons in a variety of rainbow colors that I was salivating over.
I bought three and gave one to Chris when I got home. I even let him choose. Wasn't that nice of me? But I insisted he give
me a bite though. I'm saving the other two for tonight when I'm busy making up work that I didn't do because I played all day! I'm so glad it was my friend, Merilee's birthday so we had an excuse to visit all these wonderful places.
What will be next?


I ordered the Carne Asada Tacos which came with rice and beans. The rice was good, more than good. It tasted as if it had been cooked the Brazilian way where each individual grain of rice is stirfried first in an oil/garlic combo and then you add your water and let steep until perfect. I loved it. The color was a subtle red where you knew it had been made with fresh ingredients not some package mix. Yum, yum. I can't say enough about the Carne Asada. I don't eat steak. Rarely anyway so it was a surprise that I even ordered this. But how could I refuse when the guy behind the counter told me it was the most popular thing? It was delish. Yum, yum again.
Next up is a place called Ink & Peat. Darling name for a darling place. I found some lovelies here but won't blog about it because I'd have to spoil the surprise for the recipents. I'll just say that my Christmas shopping started today! It's a place to definitely check out. This is on Williams Avenue in the Northeast part of Portland.
And after you are done with your shopping head across the street to Pix Patisserie. I had heard of this place before but had never been. Man, have I been missing out. This will be my new "take out of towners to" place. Their desserts and chocolates are yummy but it's really the French Macaroons in a variety of rainbow colors that I was salivating over.
I bought three and gave one to Chris when I got home. I even let him choose. Wasn't that nice of me? But I insisted he give
me a bite though. I'm saving the other two for tonight when I'm busy making up work that I didn't do because I played all day! I'm so glad it was my friend, Merilee's birthday so we had an excuse to visit all these wonderful places.That is my perfect Portland Playday!
What will be next?
9 comments:
You just gave me some great ideas to take friends and check out myself! Thanks! What a fun day had!
That does sound like a great day!! We'll have to try eating there sometime. Thanks for the tip
Thanks for taking me out on the town yesterday. I had a great birthday!
That day DOES sound PERFECT! Those macaroons look lovely in the display window.
Happy Birthday to Merilee!
Fun, fun, fun! We LOVE to check out Portland and I have not heard of any of these places. Thanks for the tips!!!
It looks like it was fun and yummy. I'm looking forward to your 12 on 12 coming up.
You are just SO FUN!
I've never been to any of those places, they look awesome!
Wait...was I there...I dont think so
Post a Comment