Thursday, August 27, 2009

Anticipation

Next week I am going on the Rogue River with my honey of a husband.

A four day rafting trip down the "Wild and Scenic" portion. I am so excited about this. I am, in fact, giddy with the anticipation. I feel like I haven't been anywhere in about 6 months which of course isn't the case. So why do I get cabin fever? As in, "I need a trip NOW." I know women who have told me that they have never been away from their children more than one night before. I don't know what to say to this. I usually just say, "really?"

What I have learned about myself is that I have this fighting spirit that needs to go places. And it doesn't have to be elaborate. (But don't tell my husband this because I'm really hoping to go to Cancun in March).

So the Rogue River is on my agenda and I am excited about it. I am excited to do this:



And see this:


And to see these:

And this:

9 comments:

Amanda D said...

I would be really excited if I was you too! It sounds like a ton of fun and I am totally jealous.

It's important for the mom and dad to get away from the kids once in awhile. I'm a true believer in that!

Sarah said...

That sounds great! You guys will have a wonderful time.

megan said...

oh so jealous! I have never been rafting, but I want to go so bad

Grace said...

sounds like a great trip Darilyn. You 2 have a great time!

Jodi said...

Oh Oh!! I love to float! And the Rogue River is one of my favorite places. I have some GOOD memories there!
I'm so excited for you :) Have a wonderful trip.

mahina said...

now that is my kind of vacation! i love river rafting! have a blast and be safe!

Quinn said...

FUN! I love that you just answer with "Really!" I can sooo hear you saying that. It gave me a good chuckle today. Have fun on your vacation.

Melissa-Mc said...

Have a wonderful time...and stay in the boat!

nanna said...

I am so excited that you are coming with us. It is always so fun to share the river with my children...I am praying hard that Christopher's back and shoulder hold up...or will I be taking pictures of you rowing through blossom bar?????