Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July Festivities

Our day started with the parade in Harrisburg. I love this parade and I love this town. We got quite the bagfuls of candy. Usually our girls like to be in the parade but this year they watched from the sidelines and judging by the excitement they had over their candy I'm wondering if that is what they will opt for doing next year as well. We saw old cars, fire trucks, boy scouts and girl scouts and just about every business near Harrisburg being represented.



Then we were off to raft the McKenzie river. Here is a picture Martins Rapids, the only class III on this river. The water was high this weekend. The highest I've ever experienced it and it was a torrent of water. We loved every second of it. The smaller rocks to the right of the big rock were covered with water this time.

To finish off the fun day we watched fireworks in Harrisburg.

It was a fun 4th!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

What fun! We'll have to go there sometime. I have never been!