
What I'm NOT looking forward to when school get's out:
I will only have one left in Elementary school
I will have three children in three different schools next year
Not having a routine
Having to work when my kids are here and we could be playing
A messier house
Not hearing the sounds of kids at recess (my house is next to the school).
Mom, "I'm bored."
Makenzie getting her driving permit.
What I'm super excited for:
Not getting up at 6:15 a.m. every day.
Not having to make lunches for 3 kids every day.
No more drives across town to take Makenzie to school everyday
Trips
Berry stained hands from picking
Reunions
River Rafting
Camping
Picnic dinners at free concerts
My year of volunteering for too many things will be over.
Free lunch at the school next to my house
Free movies when we have the time
Lemonade stands
Using herbs from my herb garden
My 16th wedding anniversary
5 comments:
You are right! The end of school is bitter and sweet. Today marks the last day for us, and part of me is thrilled and part of me is not. Your list of stuff to look forward to all sounds fun. Happy 16th anniversary!
I'm really looking forward to our reunion too. (And not having to get up at 6.15 and make up to 4 sometimes 5 snacks a day. Since the kids eat lunch at home everyday, they have a school snack instead. We start the school day here at 7.50am)
I like your lists!
Ditto on just about all of those things!
Oooh, I want to steal this post idea. I'm having those pre-summer jitters, too.
Post a Comment