FOR TODAY Friday June 19th
Outside my window... The sun is shining after the rain.
I am thinking... of how to get in touch with Laurie since I left my purse at a friend's last night and her number is in my cell phone.
I am thankful for... my beautiful children that I love spending time with and being able to admit that this has not always been the case. As they get older, I enjoy them more.
From the kitchen... there are dishes that need to get done. And we will have taquitos with guacamole for dinner and salad with lettuce from our garden.
I am wearing... denim shorts and an old white t-shirt.
I am creating... a beautiful patio. I finished my herb garden and still have a table to paint. My latest acquisition is a potting table that I'm super excited about. It fits perfectly in the space and is gorgeous.
I am going... to have a picnic with Laurie and our kids and go strawberry picking.
I am reading... Shopaholic and Baby. Really good so far.
I am hoping... that Chris and Makenzie are safe. But mostly I worry more about Chris because boys will be boys.
I am hearing...Heidi rummage around in the drawers of the apothecary cabinet for glue sticks. Now she is talking to me about the things on her school supply list for next year. She is putting it all together which is fine with me because come August it will already be done.
Around the house... our new chore system is going really well. For the most part all rooms have stayed clean since we started on Monday except for the kitchen because that is Makenzie's room and she left on her 4th year hike. I should be doing it but haven't.
One of my favorite things... not getting up in the morning to make school lunches. I loved sleeping in today.
A few plans for the weekend: Portland to Coast planning meeting and barbecue, Makenzie gets home, Chris gets home, Church, family Sunday dinner with cousins and sis and making jam.
Here is a picture thought I am sharing...
One of the projects for my patio is to put in a natural stone floor like the one above. It will entail taking out all the existing concrete first. How do you do that? These projects seem so overwhelming to me yet I really want to accomplish it.

7 comments:
Like a concrete slab - concrete? I believe you would need a jack hammer. I would recommend having someone take out the old for you. You can probably put in the new one yourself, but taking out a slab of concrete requires real manlabor and real man tools. It will be gorgeous I agree. Good luck with the project.
Good luck with your patio project. It sounds great, and will be beautiful!
I'm so excited to see you tomorrow, too. :)
Do you make your own taquitos? Any chance you'll be sharing the recipe?
I can't wait to see the finished product! The labor involved will be hard but sooooo nice when you have it completed.
I can't wait to see the finished product. The labor involved will be hard but soooooo worth it!
Love taquitos and love the stone floor. I love that Heidi is getting her school supplies ready now! How prepared is she!
I love how Heidi's excited for school already. I have one who's just biding her time through summer too.
Nice Christ got to go with the girls. Hope they're all doing okay. That's why I'm up at this crazy hour--worrying. Ugh!
Loved this post. Maybe I'll do it too.
Julie, Chris didn't go with the girls, he is the Venture Crew scout leader (priests)and went on a 90 mile coast bike trip. He'll be home tonight.
Post a Comment