Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Sweet Solitude

I love to pick strawberries. I love being outside with that sweet smell that fills the air. It makes me break into "Strawberry Wine" by Deanna Carter. I can't help loving it. The song takes me to a time in my life where things were a bit more carefree. I remember belting this song out in the car while driving around Eugene. The days were my own. This last week of school has me feeling a bit like this. It's my last few days of quiet and it's lovely that the strawberry fields open for picking during this last week. So if you run into me this week at the Strawberry fields don't be surprised to hear me singing.


9 comments:

Stephanie said...

I love strawberry picking as well. I've already been a number of times, and I'm so happy that the next time I'll have a song to sing!

Chris said...

You're in good company. I seem to remember a certain well-known quartet that shared your fascination with Strawberry Fields.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7NoOhmVMac

Mandy said...

I love this song! Where do you go strawberry picking. I want to go this year but don't know a good spot.

Darilyn said...

Mandy, I like Baggenstos. There is another in Hillsboro that I like that is organic but I can't remember the name.

Melissa said...

Aw :) I love that song! And I love your new layout it's so cheerful!!!

Amanda D said...

I have never been berry picking while here in Oregon. I have eaten fresh picked strawberries though and they are sooo good!

Tonya said...

I am not a fan of most country music, but I dig that song:0) We just ate tons of strawberries today, but they were store bought. I actually have NEVER been berry picking. I just don't know where to go...,maybe I need to check out Baggenstos. I just know that place for pumpkins. Happy summer!

Bridget said...

LOVE berry picking. Any berry will do. Your blog makeover is fabulous.

Kathy VonTrapp said...

Great song...great video too! I love picking strawberries too! My grandma used to have them growing in her backyard and we LOVED to go get a handful!