Thursday, September 13, 2012
My ER Trip
Two nights ago I spent the evening in the ER. Not Fun. I had this pain in my back that was excruciating. I took a prescription muscle relaxer of my husbands and two of his pain meds as well and it didn't cut the pain. That's when I called the big guns. The Priesthood. Our home teacher came over and helped Chris give me a blessing. His young son came with him, he's probably four years-old. After the blessing he looked me in the eyes as I was hunched over in pain and said I will feel better because his dad can make people feel better. Such a sweet moment in a time filled with pain. That was indeed a tender mercy from the Lord.
We headed to the ER after it appeared that the medication was not working. They admitted me right away thank goodness and got me hooked up to some IV pain meds. Within a few minutes I was feeling somewhat better although the nausea from the pain was still there. And even with the anti nausea IV medicine I was still feeling like I needed to throw up. Isn't that just the worst feeling?
They did a CAT scan and found.....nothing. Isn't that great? Not really. I seriously would have been elated to find out what was causing it. But the CAT scan showed nothing. So I went home around 1 a.m. feeling discouraged and frustrated.
Yesterday I felt pretty good. Today I feel horrible. I feel like my body got hit by a car. I sure wish I knew what was wrong with me.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Oh, no! I hope you are able to figure it out and feel better. Keep us posted.
Oh Darilyn, this is NOT a good story. Terrible to feel lousy. Worse to go to the hospital for it. Worst of all for them not to find out what's causing it. I hope you get to feeling better on a consistent basis.
I am so sorry! I hope you feel better soon!!!!
Soooo sorry! Hope you are feeling better.
That pretty much sucks! No kidney stones? My neice was having major back pain and nausea...no fever...she got diagnosed with Pancreatitis. I guess it's usually caused by gallstones or years of drinking hard alcohol. Or in her case a random flare up. She spent 5 days in the hospital. They found it through blood work. Did they do some blood work to see if any levels are off? I'll say a little prayer for you, my friend.
Oh my goodness, this is NOT something you needed to be added to your life...now or ever. I am praying for you..I love you
Post a Comment