Do you remember your first cook book? Summer has me thinking of mine. A Better Homes and Gardens Junior Cook Book. I think I spent a lot of time that summer cooking up recipes from it like "Perfect French Toast", "Jelly Muffins" and "S'mores". Yes, there was a recipe for S'mores. Along the way in my early adult years amidst the moving from apartment to apartment that book got lost. A few years ago I found the same book at a Used book store. Wahoo! I paid for that treasure and perused the pages while familiar pictures and words looked back up at me.
While it's not my go-to cookbook any longer I do love that I have it amidst my collection. It's familiar red and white checkered front takes me back to a time when life was simpler. I didn't have to worry about how to pay for those groceries that made those muffins. I could simply make them, bake them and eat them. Slathered with loads of butter of course.
And while we are reminiscing, does anyone remember their first recipe they made? Mine was a recipe called Cheesy Egg Bake from the Friend magazine. I can't believe I still remember the name of the recipe. But I loved it and my parents told me it was delicious. Now I know that they may have been over zealous in their praise. But....maybe not.


1 comment:
I have a blog post on Cheesy Egg Bake under my Kitchen Korner tab. :)
Post a Comment