The other night I decided to spend some time with Heidi watching TV instead of working in my bedroom. I saw that Forrest Gump was on and so we watched it. Heidi loved the movie and I'm glad I could share it with her.
The running scenes reminded me of her recent foray into track. I had to talk her into participating but I'm glad I kept encouraging her because it ended up being a great thing for her. She did the 100 meter, the 4x100 relay, shot put and high jump. Surprising to us, the event she did the best at was the shot put.
She learned a lot about running, how to use good form and what types of running races she likes. It kept her active and she even got a ribbon or two at the track meets. I'm really proud of her for trying something new and sticking with it.
Getting ready for the 4x100 relay
Run, Heidi, Run
High fives all around!
Best Friends
High Jump
Shot Put
See the shot put in the air?
2 comments:
So fun!!! I thought you might say she was now doing cross country :)Oh, and BTW, i watched "Dirty Dancing" the other day :) Have you watched that one with them yet?
Shot-put requires some serious strength! I'm impressed. We love track at our house. Will she do it again next year?
Post a Comment