I needed something to take to a meeting where 35 hungry girls would be. This seemed perfect. The recipe is for regular muffins but I made them into bite size mini ones.
1/3 cup shortening
1/2 cup sugar
1 egg
1 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 cup milk
6 Tbsp. melted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 or more tsp. cinnamon
Cream shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and egg in bowl until light and fluffy. Add mixture of flour, baking powder, salt and milk, mixing well after each addition. Fill greased muffin cups 2/3 full. Bake at 350 for 20-25 min. Roll each hot muffin in melted butter. Coat with mixture of sugar and cinnamon. Makes 12 muffins.

4 comments:
these sound soooo tasty!
Looks SO good! I'll have to try them.
And! Those are the plates that I grew up with! When I went to college, my mom gave me two of them and I still use them and love them. I wish I had a whole set!
Yummy. I'm going to make these for sure.
Delish!
Post a Comment