We have had teenage heartache around here today.
It's been one-of-those-days. The morning was spent facing some of the problems that have been plaguing our household lately. I don't know if we were very successful. I spent so much time on that, that I got a late start to my packed workday.
So I worked and worked all the while hoping that there would be a break to our pacific northwest gloomy sky so that the sun could peek it's sunny head out.
It hasn't happened.
So then I was hungry.
I went and asked the heartbreak girl if she would like something from Wendy's.
Thankfully a hunger strike was not in force and she said, yes.
So a few minutes later I entered her room with a bag full of
a:
Bacon cheeseburger
fries
chili
frosty
Sprite
She gets to eat in her room today because today is Day 1 of "Getting Through A Break-up" She gets to sleep all day and when she isn't sleeping she gets to listen to sad music of her choice. The song that most reminds her of the relationship.
I got this from my very smart friend, Julie. She has a teenager too. Several of them in fact.
You can find her list of what to do for a teenage girl break-up here.
Tomorrow she will face the world like a queen and feel all better.
(I'm telling myself this so that hopefully it will happen.)
4 comments:
That is so Lorelai-esque of you. She encouraged Rory to have a good wallo and then move on. So sad for heartbreak girl. I'll have to get the whole scoop later.
Oh, and don't forget ice cream- she needs ice-cream...
I'm so sorry to hear this. Poor thing! She's so lucky to have a mom like you who gets it!! Thinking about her and hoping that since I'm reading this a few days later that things are at least a little better today!
Sending love to hearbreak girl... and applauding Mama for making things right. Love you, Darilyn.
Post a Comment