Monday, May 16, 2011

Flashback to the 70s....



I am lovin me this picture right now.  My sister is scanning old pictures that she is finding at my auntie's house and putting them on Facebook.  This is me and my grandma Johns, my mom's mom, at the farm.  What I noticed almost immediately, right after the awesome knee-highs, is that I have her hands.  Meaning the hands i have right now look like grandma's do in that picture.  I also noticed my Cabbage Patch Doll, Sheila Wendy.  Yep, i remember her name.  And I have finger nail polish on.  I love the couch we are sitting on.  But what I love the most is just seeing my grandma.  I sure miss her. She was an integral part of my life and if you would have asked me at that age who was grandma's favorite I would have most definitely said, "me".   This is according to my Auntie Pat who says that I apparently went around telling everyone that I was grandma's favorite.  I'm sure I couldn't help myself. I was taught to never lie!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Priceless! I had a Cabbage Patch doll too. I think her name was Maria Emilene. Great Picture.

Krista Lou Cook said...

I miss that couch almost as much as grandma. :)

Amanda D said...

That's awesome!
I can see your daughter in the picture too - she looks like you! Beautiful.

Tonya said...

I love it!

My first cabbage patch was Kelsey Star. I loved her.

And I am totally digging the knee socks! So funny!

I love hearing your story of how much you and your grandma loved each other. I have a grandma that I feel the same about and I KNOW I'm her favorite:)