Are you ready?
Here it is.
The total at the register before we started doing any coupons or discounts was
$28.45
And the total after all coupons and discounts?
$2.31
Yeah, that's right.
Pretty good, huh?
.....sorry, i am just so excited about it.
A friend asked me today if I was buying things I wouldn't normally buy.
Well.....yeah.
But I'm not buying things I wouldn't use.
For example, those Hormel Compleat meals?
I would never buy those.
But they had a healthy version of them (if you can call it that) and it's just the kind of thing that i know my 16 year-old would love for an after-school snack. And when it's going to give you money back at the register
.......you buy it.
And those Viactiv chewable calciums? I would never buy them because I couldn't afford it. I've actually wanted to try them for a long time and now I can!
Oh, I bought all this at Rite-Aid. When starting to do couponing it is suggested that you pick one store and get familiar with it really well before moving on to another store. You may see that there are some good deals out there at, let's say, Walgreens or Target but it's better for the first month to just stick with one store and learn the couponing. I followed that advice and it led to my shopping trip today.
I will be adding Walgreens next. I've heard there are some fantastic deals to be had there.
So, do you coupon? If so, what stores?
6 comments:
I don't do couponing, but with all these stories lately, I think I might start.
So...do you follow Frugal Living NW? They taught a class at the library here last year and I went. I wish I was dedicated enough to coupon, but in reality...I'm too lazy. It looks like you scored though! Nicely done!
I have never heard of Frugal Living NW. Is it a website?
I am still very excited for you and your coupons! I'll keep the aveda store as my one store and then maybe move on to MAC....
I used to coupon avidly. You can ask Merilee for the stories (let's just say we were not to proud to dumpster dive into recycle bins). Is that too much info? I haven't done it for quite a while now, but am tempted to start with the rising cost of groceries. I still can't buy anything full price though.
I love frugal living NW, go to frugallivingnw.com and it tells you all the ways you can coupon, I started doing it last month save myself at least $100/month on groceries when I started following this website.
Post a Comment