Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Obligatory First Day of School Photos

Here they are. In all their glory.  To make it a bit more interesting I'll show their pictures from last year too.

2010
The Lovely 16 year-old Makenzie


This is her in 2009

What the mom notices:
She cares more about her clothes this year
and accessorizing
oh my gosh, she is gorgeous

2010
The Spectacular 12 year-old Emma

This was her in 2009

What the mom notices:
She now looks like a fullblown teenager, she has lost the baby face
She is more into doing her hair, curling iron and flat iron
she has a sense of humor by evidence of this year's shirt

2010
The Lively 10 year-old Heidi


And her in 2009

What the mom notices:

By golly, I think this girl has some hips now. wow.
LL Bean backpacks are awesome, they last forever
She is proud to be a hawk helper at her school
I love her smile!

7 comments:

Jodi said...

Wow...you have beautiful girls! I love Makenzie's grey sweater. I want one just like it. And they have all changed in a year's time. I like how you put the picture comparisons up.

I love love love the song ANCHOR. I just bought her CD and have been listening to it over and over again :)

Sarah said...

I love this post. I first briefly looked at the pics then went back and read it. I did notice that McKenzie is gorgeous! And her outfit....Fantastic!
I didn't readily make the observation that Emma lost her baby face but she really did!! It's amazing how much they can change in just one year.

Then I took a look at Heidi's hips. ONce again so crazy how much they change! Your girls are beautiful just like you Darilyn!

Bridget said...

Beautiful girls. Fun to see the side by side year to year shots. Great idea.

Tonya said...

Your girls all look more grown up for sure! And guess what? Rylie is going to be dancing with Emma!!!! She is going to do both classes. Yay!

ducklips said...

Your girls are gorgeous! Watch out, Mom. You may have to start carrying a big stick.

Melissa said...

Aw they are growing up so fast! They are so beautiful too!

Anonymous said...

Holy cow your girls are GORGEOUS!