Thanksgiving is around the corner and I'm glad. I love the way families and friends gather together and share food and memories. I love the planning of the menu, making the assignments of who is bringing what and then devouring all the yumminess. This year we are going to Coos Bay to be with my mom. Although it will be sad to have our first holiday without Ben, my stepfather, who passed away recently. It will also be a great time to think about all that we have to be thankful for. My sister will be there and we also have some good friends coming to spend the holiday with us as well. I am in awe that they are willing to drive so far to share a meal. It says to me that we are important in their lives and it makes me feel good. I am grateful for good friends like that.
I am also grateful for my mom's stuffing and rolls but that is a different story entirely.
I will be running my 5K on Thanksgiving morning. I talked the whole fam into doing it. I don't think Makenzie is too pleased about it either but peer pressure is wonderful at times and since her good friend will be there I have a feeling she will show up at the starting line. I am not ready to run the whole thing. Yes, I'm a bit sad about that. Having someone close to you pass away and then acquiring a urinary tract infection the next week and the swine flu the week after that put a hold on my gym attendance. But I have been in full force at the gym since then and doing great. I'm so happy with my accomplishments. I am not going to be upset about having to walk some if i need to. I figure I am way farther along in my preparedness than if I hadn't trained at all. And that counts for something. I am so happy that I get to do this and share the experience with not only my hubbie and kids but my mom in law, brother in law and close friends as well. I can't wait!
I want to hear what you are all doing for Thanksgiving. Shout it out!
7 comments:
I love Thanksgiving, too Darilyn! We are cooking our turkeys in a traditional Polynesian pit this year! Should be interesting!
I am SO proud of you for doing this 5k! I'm sure Ben will be there to help you along and you will do better than you ever thought possible! If you make it to the play find me afterward!
We are hanging out with my side of the fam. We switch off every year. There is something wonderful about gathering with friends and family. Your plans sound like tons-o-fun. Way to go on the 5k. You have been training as hard as you can and I think that is great! How fun to do it as a family. Drive safely.
Ross will be running and Nora will be walking with me and whoever else in your family that wants to walk it...I am excited too that we will be seeing you the night before, Sara, Lucien and Luna will be joining us...What a great family holiday!
making pie!
We are going to my brother's house and spending it with his family and my mom. It should be fun. Congrats on running a 5K. I know you'll do great. Oh and by the way, I love the new pic of Makenzie on the left side bar! Did Rachel take that?
Remember when you were like thinking running was so trendy? I'm glad you've changed your mind and started to enjoy it.
I hope you have a great thanksgiving and love all that there is to be thankful for.
Don't worry about not running the whole thing. Maybe with adrenalin you'll do better than you think? And, when you are done you will be so proud.
We're staying home. It's going to be so strange. Just the five of us. I'm worried that it is just going to be another meal and not a special day. It's going to be weird to not be with extended family. Have fun with yours!
Post a Comment