Thursday, April 9, 2009

On going home

I was planning on blogging about my trip tonight. I started to and then got distracted with reading all of your blogs. What fun stuff I've missed. I'm caught up now though.

And as I was reading all of your blogs and catching up on emails my mind started thinking of all the things I need to get done and all the meetings I have over the next few weeks and months. And my heart started racing. It did the same thing the morning that I flew out for Baltimore to start this trip just like it had the day before that and the day before that.

I have too much to do. How did this happen? Do any of you wonder how all of a sudden you just have too many things on your plate?

This trip has been nice in an unexpected way. I knew it would be fun, of course it would be fun. I mean I'm with my sister and oldest daughter doing what we want for 7 days. But it's been nice in that I haven't thought about what I have going on at home once since I left. That is until tonight. I'm sitting here in a hotel room in Baker City and in a way dreading coming home. I miss Chris terribly and I'm longing to breathe in Emma and Heidi's clean hair smell. And I can't wait to give them their treasures from our trip. But then what? I have to at some point figure out what I'm going to do for my daughter's birthday on Sunday. And when is that next TAG project team meeting? I think there is something this next week for that. And I have to meet with my YCL's for camp. That is long overdue and needs to be done this next week. Then there is staff appreciation week that I'm in charge of at the elementary school. A meal each day for the entire staff of the school. And what is going on for the next cooking and preparedness class? I need to look at my schedule for that and contact the person that we want to teach it next month. I have to order the candy for my brother in law's reception. I'm doing a candy buffet. The 5th grade basketball game is in a couple weeks and I am in charge of the concession stand. I have to buy everything and figure out what to price it at. Oh yeah, I think we have a recognition night for Activity days we need to start planning as well. And I've got to go get my fingerprinting done so I can send in my subsitute license application. I also need to schedule art literacy for two classes and do that over the next couple weeks. Do you think they will notice if we just skip an artist?

All that needs to be balanced with taking care of my family and getting them to their commitments as well as my goal of going to the temple every other week. I think this is why my heart has been racing lately. I'm sad to see this trip end. I think on the way home tomorrow I better think about what I'm going to do for Heidi's birthday.

oh yeah, i need to call Chris and let him know he needs to have 2 dozen filled eggs to a member of the primary presidency tomorrow. He's just going to love having that sprung on him.

But I am grateful for the opportunities that I have right now. Every one of them. I've reasessed what I will be doing in the future. And it feels good to have made some decisions. This really helps being able to vent here. Thanks for reading!

7 comments:

Krista Lou Cook said...

All I have to say is - Just Breathe - And that I am very glad you took the time to drive across the Country with me and my "Quirky" car!

Amanda D said...

Good luck with everything you have to do. Pray for some extra organization help and you'll be fine. I'm glad you enjoyed the trip with your sister and daughter. What special memories you've made.

Chris said...

I'm making a mental list now...
- Make sure the girls have clean hair.
- Eggs (Raw or boiled and colored?).
- Clean kitchen.
- Clean up my books from the front room.
- Return your monitor and chair to your desk (I loved stealing them for work while you were gone).
- Make sure Jorja hasn't left too much hair on your side of the bed.

It looks like we both have a busy day ahead of us. LOL

Rochelle said...

Awe, I love the comment Chris left.
I've enjoyed following you on your trip, what a great time and memorable experience for you, your sister, and your daughter!
This post describes life. These are the things you have over the next few weeks so you'll do them and you can let yourself panic or just be busy and smile. Good luck and ENJOY it!

Melissa said...

You will get there...one step at a time. You are the most organized person I know and it sounds like this trip was exactly what you needed to recharge!

Kathy VonTrapp said...

So glad to hear someone else gets overwhelmed with all the responsibilities of life! I was just talking to Matt about how there aren't enough hours in the day and how I never seem to be "caught up" in anything! I'm so glad you have had such a fun vacation, you deserve it!
I love Chris' comment...what a great husband/father! Yes, we need to introduce Joshua and Mackenzie...she is so beautiful (just like her mom). Hard to believe how much they have grown...and how fast the time has gone by! :-)

Grace said...

we need to get together sometime and talk about your cross country trip...it sounds like you had a great adventure!