Saturday, March 28, 2009

Not so Spring Break days 3, 4 & 5

Wednesday was the day we had planned to just stay home and work on some projects. At about 6p.m. I declared I was tired of working, since I had been all day and decided to go to Costco. Makenzie jumped at the chance to get out of the house but Emma just gave me a "look" and said that I had promised we would stay home all day. What? You don't want to go to Costco? Nope, she wanted to stay in her PJ's all day. I couldn't really blame her for that so I let her and Heidi stay home. Yes, they are old enough to do that, weird huh?

Thursday we went to Chuck E. Cheese with some friends. It was a strange day for me because I had a cold and wasn't feeling really well and was a bit spacey but the girls all had a good time and Makenzie went shopping at the mall with a couple girlfriends afterwards. I like it that she gets to do that sometimes. I'm glad that she has good friends.

Friday we went swimming at the rec center. We take the girls swimming at the rec center about once a year so that was a real treat. Chris had the day off of work so he came too and that made it even better. We all had a good time swimming and talking with friends.

Last night was Emma's last St. Patrick's day performance. It was at an LDS church in Gresham for a ward potluck dinner. It was fun to do. We arrived and one of the moms said that she wasn't sure where to go, that we were supposed to meet in the gym but where would we find it? I told her it wouldn't be hard to find. It would be in the middle of the building probably. It was. Later conversation centered around what do we as mormons believe about drinking coffee and drinking alcohol? And Emma's dance teacher introduced Emma as "one of them." It was cute and Emma was very proud. I was a proud mama too. And the great mormon hospitality did not disappoint. After we were done performing the lady in charge or the head of the Activities committee as we would know them came and invited all the dancers and parents to have some cake. They had cleared off an entire table for us and had water pitchers full for the dancers. Very sweet and it made me extra happy to be affiliated with such great people. Geraldine, (Emma's teacher) said we were going to have to perform sometime for my ward. I think it's a fantastic idea. Are you reading Bridget?

Well, spring break is almost officially over. Makenzie and Chris are at the temple right now, Heidi is at a friend's sleeping over and Emma is in her bed in the other room asleep. I'm writing here on my blog. Later today I will be working outside in my flower bed in front of my house. Rain or shine. It has to be done.

6 comments:

Hesses Madhouse said...

Glad to see that someone else is up blogging at this time of day.

Sounds like a great experience. I'd love to see her dance too.

Hope your cold is getting better, but I have to admit that even without a cold, Chuck E. Cheese makes me spacy just cuz I'm overwhelmed by all the noise, colors, lights and people. Too much input!

Sounds like it's been a great spring break for you guys. Oh for a day of relaxing in my jammies.

Melissa said...

Aw glad the performance went so well! Sounds like a great spring break!

Bridget said...

Yes, I am reading! :) You know, if she wants to dance soon, the youth is doing a ward talent show next week for mutual. Maybe she could get in on that? Call Jill Allen on someone from the YW. That would be fun for her!

Anonymous said...

Cool! We are now off track for 3 weeks! I love your sidebar movie of the temple! The woman that speaks in Spanish is my neighbor. Her children and their children all live in our ward, also. Her son is our Bishop and her son-in-law is our Stake President!!!

Missed you at the Draper Temple openhouse. Maybe you can make it for the Oquirrah Mountain Temple Openhouse in the summer!!!!

I would love to meet you in person!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Sounds like a fun week! I could just picture the emma "look".

brenda said...

I have fond memories of the spring breaks when we hung around town. I just biked around with my friends, which was all I really wanted to do. Besides, we live in a vacation destination-slash-metropolis. Why not enjoy it?