I need to blog today. I've had a lot to say but no time to say it here. I miss my blogging time. Lately my blogging time has been going to things like having regular Family Home Evening, Family Scripture study, reading with my kids, meetings and work.
Today I couldn't find the key to the church. I need it so I can let all of us in for Activity Day this evening. Maybe it wouldnt be a big deal on most days but my Aunt Sherilyn who lives in Ohio of all places is here to teach my Activity Day girls how to jump rope. She didn't come here just to do that obviously but the fact that she is here and willing to do this means I should probably have a key to the church. While i was looking for said key I found about ten M&M's in a little baggie. Boy, did that ever make me happy. Nothing like being stressed and finding chocolate to ease the worry!
I found the key. It was hanging in a very logical place right above my computer. I just had never put it there before so I didnt think of looking there. Glad I found it.
I'm doing the Portland to Coast walk the end of August. I'm so excited to be doing this. My workouts at the gym are going really well and I'm feeling stronger every day. This is a good thing.
I have what feels like a million things on my plate right now. Go away feeling.
I need to go grocery shopping really badly. The million things on my plate are obviously not eatable.
I love that my friend Kris in Albany is making a chocolate almond cheesecake today. Even though I am too far away to eat it, it is making me happy to know that it exists. I've had this cheesecake before and I'm wishing it exists a little closer right now.
I'm looking forward to seeing Confessions of a Shopaholic with my friend Amanda later in the week. All day I've been wishing it was tonight.
I'm behind in work. I hate it when that happens. I haven't started my work that is due at 5 p.m. today. And I won't start it until after everyone is in bed for the evening tonight.
Makenzie is mad at me. I took her cell phone away. I checked the history of her texting and she had a text from a boy that said a bad word. I actually didnt take the phone away for that either. It was only one word and that warrants a talk with her but it was her reaction at me checking the history on her phone and her tantrum and attitude that ensued. So I took the phone and told her she could have it back when #1 she had calmed down #2 she had her chores and homework done and #3 her room was clean.
If she only knew we check it all the time! Apparently she didn't know that.
Well, that's my life today.
14 comments:
Awww, I miss you. I wish I could bring a slice over and I also wish I could jump rope with you tonight...that sound's like a lot of fun!
What a good mom you are. Life is way too busy isn't it. Those are the same reasons I have been off the blog band wagon lately. I feel so out of touch. I have to find some moderation. : ) How cool your doing that walk. WAy to go!
I'm curious what the comments will be about checking the phone. I'm entering that territory in the coming years (months?) and already there with facebook. It's our job to check, right? It's not like we want to do it.
I'm glad you found the key (and the chocolate!).
I hope you find some down time for yourself soon...it seems like it comes to far and in between times like your having now ((hugs))
I hope we get to see everyone soon! I miss you guys!
I know all about checking cell phones and it is a wise thing to do.
I wish tonight were movie night, I could use that right now!
I hope your plate gets a little lighter throughout the week!
I am also wishing that tonight was movie night. It's been a doozy of a day.
I'm impressed that your doing Portland to coast. That's awesome!
I think it's wise of you to check your daughters phone. Keep up the good work, Mom!
what a fun activity! did the girls love it?
my plate has been feeling pretty full as of late! i'm just starting back blogging again since mahea waqs born. now that i am more adjusted and getting more sleep my plate is getting lighter!
Here's to full plates! You are very busy doing good things.
I too know what a full plate looks like and sometimes it is almost too heavy to carry.
I think your a great mom for checking her phone.
Finding chocolate is just as good as finding money...sometimes even better!
Darilyn, your amazing. Loved your thoughts. I hope you had fun with Sherilyn. She's amazing too.
you are exactly on the right track as a mom. Things like checking cell phones, and computers weren't an issue when most of my kids were growing up...but for their own safety, it has to be an issue now. Hang in there, when she is 30she will see the wisdom...
GOod for you for checking the phone. That's got to be hard to have her so upset at you but you did the right thing. I think its so funny that you are happy know the chocolate almond cheesecake exists! Not me. I would have to have some to be happy about it. :)
This post spoke to me...I feel like I have a full plate right now, too! Finding a surprise bag of M&Ms would make me one happy girl!
Hope to see you soon...miss you.
Great job, Mom!!!!!! Kids should have no expectations to privacy when it comes to phones, computers and the identity of their friends. :-) We have been lucky that none of our boys have really wanted phones, yet. Our oldest is almost 16. He'd rather have a car. LOL
You're doing great!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment