I knew I was in for a night of razzing when the lady at the entrance to the Lexus lounge said with a very serious face that one floor down I could go and exchange my jersey for the right one. I almost thought she was serious except that Tony and Kara started laughing. So in I walked to a sea of black and red. The teasing just continued. I felt eyes boring on me from every direction. Our next stop was a table where we were to show our tickets to get our wristbands. The guy said he couldn't give one to me because I was wearing the wrong color. But I said, with the sweetest smile on my face, "oh but look, it matches my jersey perfectly." He even smiled at that.
Then it was on to get something to eat. Each time I went to get something I would get teased that they couldn't give me any food. There were hundreds of Blazer fans around me and not a Jazz shirt in the bunch. My goal was to make it through the night with the shirt on. As I passed the bathroom I contemplated a quick duck in to take it off so I wouldn't stand out so much. But I didn't. I held my head high.
The game started and I clapped for my Jazz. The theatrics at the Rose Garden are superb. They know how to put on a good show. There isn't a second of down time. You are entertained the entire time. I wasn't expecting that. I guess I thought people stood around while they waited for commercial time.
During halftime we went to get some concessions. With our wristbands we got anything we wanted for Free. I'll take one red licorice rope, a bottle of water and 2 packages of peanut M&M's thank you very much. One package got eaten at the game and the rest I took home.
I owe my night of fun to Kara and Tony. Kara for thinking of me and Tony for getting the tickets. I had the best time. And even though the Jazz did not win I had the pleasure of seeing Jerry Sloane get ejected from the game. What a classic Jazz moment! It was the best!
14 comments:
Yay! Sounds like a blast! I'm so happy for you!!!
Here's to checking things off the list!!! Way to go!
Man, you guys had the hook-ups! What a perfect way to attend your first NBA game...any you're right...Jerry's ejection was classic:)
P.S. Your new camera took GREAT pictures!
P.P.S. I might steal some from your sight to add to mine!
There was another jazz shirt but we never crossed paths. I'm thinking that your seats were a lot better than ours, but it was a blast for us too. Glad you had fun and way to keep crossing stuff off that list!
Yeah for you! Was this your first professional basketball game then? I have been to a ton because I was seriously the most fanatical Jazz fan when we lived in Utah. Ask Nathan. It was pretty pathetic. LOVE going to games!
Yes, this was my first game. I've been a Jazz fan for years but never been to a game.
I love it when we get those tickets. We always take treats home for the kids! I'm glad you had a blast!!!
SO glad you had such a good time!!! I think it would have been hilarious to go with you and wear a Blazers jersey!!
Way to stand strong and root for your team! Tell Kara and Tony I say hello.
I"m so glad that you got another one checked off you list. You are doing awesome! What fun too!
How cool to accomplish something on 'The List'!! Glad you had a good time. Sorry the Jazz lost :(
You look super cute in a jersey! I am not a huge basketball fan, but I love going to live games, too. They are super entertaining--you just get swept up in it.
Post a Comment