Like these....
My favorite cookie, snickerdoodles, my mom's recipe.
And that my kitchen counters are clean. I'm focusing on how clean they are, not how ugly they are. And that I have $15 in my purse to get gas with since I'm on empty. And daffodils, I LOVE daffodils. I don't have any daffodils but I am picturing them today and this is the picture in my head. And that's me and the ground is dry and warm and there are no snakes lurking by. There are no snakes in my world today at all.

And I'm thinking about Irish Dance this afternoon and how much I look forward to taking Emma every time. It never feels like a chore and that makes me happy.
And I'm grateful for my family. Every one of them. Especially for my sister today who listened to me this morning and just let me talk and talk and talk. Which I needed.
And for friends. A very sweet friend who I love and adore invited our family over for dinner last night. It was very appreciated by all of us.
I'm grateful for the quiet of my house. Except for the whirring of the dishwasher and the sound of the keyboard it is quiet here. Sam must be asleep.
What makes you happy today?
12 comments:
darilyn, i loved your post. my very favorite flower has always been the daffodil. I think it's because it signals the beginning of Spring and that winter is over. It's bright and beautiful.
I sad we weren't able to get together today add the rain and the grey and it mad it even less fun.
I do however love snickerdoodles, they remind me of one of my favorite people. I think I might bake the grey away tomorrow with some cupcakes! Thanks for your post!
FHE and chocolate cheesecake.
Ooh, I love snicker doodles too. I haven't had a really good one in a long time.
Let's see what makes me happy today: getting my work out done early, snacking on cereal, and magazines in the mail. :)
Reading your blog always makes me happy! :-) I just LOVE snickerdoodles too...you should post the recipe!
I was so disappointed that our day together had to be postponed. I was so looking forward to the fun of reconnecting - that said I really did not notice the grey yesterday and I don't know why other than my mind was so focused on other things - I appreciate your sharing what makes you happy even when....I so love the lesson:)
That picture of you and your sister is so sweet. Love that. Things that made me happy today. Sleeping through the night (pain did not wake me up) and seeing how happy Ethan is when I volunteer in his classroom. It means so much to him. I am also happy I have some good soup for dinner.
I love that soon i will be sharing your grey days. What's a sunny day without those you love?
Sad we weren't able to get together on Monday. Looking forward to the raincheck!
Love the pic of you and Krista. Sisters are truly the best :)
You are so happy and positive and I love tht you look for the happiness in your life. It makes me feel happy and motivated to look for more happy in my life. So, what am I happy about today?
That Rylie made it to the toilet all 6 times she threw up this morning.
The beautiful flowers sitting on my countertop from a friend and my hubby.
The sun is out!
My girls are back into piano and I love to hear them practice and see that they are enjoying it.
That by the end of this day I will be caught up on laundry!
I have stayed in control and haven't gorged on fatty carbs-in two days:0)
I could go on, but this is getting long. Have a great day:0)
Wow. Great picture of you two. I love your outlook, D. You always make me smile.
those cookies look so delish and i love the picture of you and your sister! sisters are the best!
i loved this post!
Post a Comment