Monday, February 9, 2009

Feast your eyes on this

Later this week I'm teaching a class on hand-dipped chocolates. I realized in preparing for the class that I didn't have any center combinations that were valentiney. I wanted something pink. Cherry came to mind because I love chocolate covered cherries. I mean I REALLY love them. I can eat a whole box of those 99 cent liquidy center goodness. So I decided to try and make my own combination. This isn't really like me. I don't experiment too often in the kitchen. I hate spending time on something and then being disappointed with the results. Which is why I typically order the same thing in restaurants too, but that is for a whole other blog. So I looked at the center recipes I had and decided that it didn't look too hard to experiment with. Here is my result:



How much more valentine can you get? A pale pink center with splashes of red? I LOVE IT! And it tastes divine. I used a cherry flavoring from the cake decorating store, 1 drop of pink food coloring and a small jar of chopped maraschino cherries, pressed with paper towels to get the excess liquid out. The only thing better? When they are covered in chocolate!

Results to come soon.

13 comments:

Amanda D said...

Where are you teaching your class? Is it for Enrichment? They do look very love-ly. Good luck with the class and if you need anyone to sample, just let me know!

Aundrea said...

Um, I hope you save some of those bad-boys for bookclub!!

Melissa-Mc said...

Pretty AND yummy looking.

Candy said...

I wanna come to your class:)

megan said...

I want to come to your class too! What a fun thing

Stephanie said...

I will be there! I've been looking forward to this class for a long time.

Krista Lou Cook said...

Sounds good. Put some in the freezer for me.

paula said...

YEp I'm in! see you thursday.

Quinn said...

Thanks for the visual picture. My mouth is watering, and that (sigh) is as close as I will get to trying your yummy chocolates. Have fun teaching the class!

Melissa said...

That looks so good!

Mandy said...

So bummed I will be missing your class on Thursday I really wanted to come. It looks and sounds yummy! I too love chocolate covered cherries really chocolate covered anything!

Kris Farrar said...

I thought Sarah and I were the only people who ate those chocolate covered cherries...nice to find another partner in crime. Waiting for the recipe with baited breath!

Bridget said...

Wow. You are amazing. I wish I were feeling up to coming to this class.