Thursday, October 2, 2008

I'm off to see Phoenix (sung to the tune of "off to see the wizard from the Wizard of oz")


Today Merilee and I are leaving our children behind with our husband's and going to Phoenix. Why Phoenix? Well, her family is there and to be honest the thing that motivated us the most to go was this place called Elmer's. It's some Mexican food place that is supposedly seriously good grub. Yes, I know I'm a total foodie. The even funnier part is that the other thing we are doing is waiting in line for approximately four hours to have the best pizza in the United States. It better be good after waiting that long. And then there are the breakfast burritos that Merilee's mom will be making on Sunday morning for general conference.

So besides my three food events (yeah, pathetic huh?) I am looking forward to reuniting with a friend I haven't seen in 5 years, going to a National Park and just hanging out in the sunshine with Merilee's sisters.

Have a mentioned that I have the best husband in the world who understands his wife passion for all things travel? (That's a completely different post)

Note: General Conference is a world-wide broadcast that happens twice a year in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. The messages come from church leaders and are very inspiring. If you have cable you can find it on one of your stations. There are two sessions on Saturday 10:00 and 2:00 Mountain time, and 2 sessions on Sunday at the same times. I always come away from a conference weekend feeling renewed and uplifted.

18 comments:

Aundrea said...

Have sooo much fun! I'm like you, when we are going somewhere we always plan out what and where we are going to eat. It's very important!!

Bridget said...

You are so lucky your husband can do that. Mine is way too busy. Have a super-dee-dooper time. Can't wait to hear about all this good food!

Rochelle said...

Sounds like so much fun! Enjoy!

Sarah said...

Whooohooo! Can't wait to hear about it! Have fun!

mahina said...

have a great time! i wish i could take a trip like that right now!! i need a break from my life (and the packing) right about now!

Hesses Madhouse said...

Can't wait to hear about your trip! Hope you have a blast. How nice to get away. Enjoy!

Memory said...

You are one seriously lucky girl! I can't wait to hear your reviews of the food places. Best pizza in the country? Better than in Chicago? You'll have to get lots of pictures and give us all the details. Have fun!

Melissa-Mc said...

Have a great weekend. I'm so excited for conference.

Anonymous said...

You have a wonderful time!!!!

Hailey Vial said...

Bring me back a burrito!

ducklips said...

I'm so sad I am missing all the food trips, except the burritos of course. See ya on Saturday.

Jodi said...

Oh man, that sounds FUN! I wish I could sneak in your suitcase.
BTW...I am also a total 'foodie' :)

Tonya said...

I would LOVE to go on a foodie adventure. So fun! If you're ever in Eugene you have to go to Burrito Boy. It is heaven. You might already know about it
though:0) Have a blast!

Elizabeth Dimit said...

Ohhh, a FOODIE adventure and one that involves traveling and seeing sunshine! I am so jealous! Have a great time!

nanna said...

I am interested in hearing your report. we just made reservations to fly to phoenix on November 8th.It's alway better to have advice from someone who has just been there.

nanna said...

I am interested in hearing your report. we just made reservations to fly to phoenix on November 8th.It's alway better to have advice from someone who has just been there.

brenda said...

I've always wanted to visit Arizona--especially as an escape to the bleary Oregon fall.

Have a great time!

Chelle said...

I have to say i'm feeling a bit sad you're not coming out here. It was this time last year we were in Salem and Concord and Windsor. Hope we can reunite in all these places again someday.