I want my table to be filled with these:
And these:
To all the people giving my children candy on Halloween night:
In order to help you with your preparations I thought I would share with you my suggestions in order of preference:
You get a grade of A+ if you give them an Almond Joy or Junior Mints. I don't care if that's not the one they want. Just give it to them. They will thank me later even if my butt doesn't.
You get a grade of A if you give them a Kit Kat, Twix or Peanut M&M's
You get a B for any of the following: Snickers, Pay Days, M & M's, Hershey's
You earn a C for Smarties, and these better be the real ones, no fake ones, I can tell the difference and Reeses peanut butter cups.
You earn a D for the following that I will only eat when A, B and C's have all run out: Cinnamon bears, Jolly Ranchers, Twizzlers and Bottle Caps
And I will not eat the following so just don't even think about handing this stuff out:
Pixie sticks, last years candy, a piece of fruit (come on, what are you thinking?) Orange Circus peanuts, peeps and certainly not any piece of candy that is fashioned into a body part.
Sincerely,
A mom who admittedly steals candy from her children
So what are your A+ candies and your F candies?
19 comments:
Oh I am sooo with you on the peeps, those yucky orange circus peanut thingys--what are they really anyway? They taste like gooshy, plasticky sweet things. Yuck!
I won't battle you for the junior mints, but if you get some milk duds, I'll take those. I love the peanut butter cups, so I'll give you my Twix bars for those, okay?
Happy Halloween, Darilyn!
I love circus peanuts! Twizzlers! And Cinnamon bears, it looks like we can help each other out in this deptartment. I get sick from chocolate, so I'll save my yuckies for you!
Kit Kats are my favorites! Followed closely by Twix bars. But Twizzlers ewww..and circus peanuts double ewwww!!!
I meant to add in fact one of my favorite memories growing up was when we'd go trick or treating at Aunt Thelma's house, she'd always pull me to the back and sneak a KING SIZE Kit Kat into my bucket it was the highlight of my night :)
What a fun post! My A candies are probably PayDays or M&M's. It used to be skittles but not so much anymore. My B candy would be dum-dums. I know kids hate them, but I love them! The perfect amount of sweet. My F candies would be Almond Joys and Mounds. You can have ours if we get any!
You can have all my circus peanuts, I mean Junior mints!
I am SO with you! Except I love Reece's peanut butter cups. THose get an A in my book.
Okay, that is one hilarious post! And I already knew what your A+ candy was, because you wanted one on Sunday! :-) I was so sad I there weren't any left for you.
I would agree...those Almond Joy and Mounds are DELICIOUS. Anything with dark chocolate tops my list of favorites. Junior Mints are only about a C, though, because they contain, gulp, MINT.
Loved this post!!:) I steal all my kids' Butterfingers and Twix. I hope your neighbors listen to you.
You got it right leaving tips for your neighbors like this!!! I laughed all day thinking of this post!!
Now that I have your request, I will make sure that we have the appropriate treats for you. I have made a list and will stock up on these things at Target.
My goodness, you seriously crack me up! I was in dire need of a good laugh...thank you, friend :)
I am with you on the almond joys and mints though I have to throw recess peanut butter cups right in there on top. Sorry though, didn't by any of them because then I would eat them. Happy sneaking.
My favorite Halloween memory treat - cause that's what it is really all about, that certain candy that tastes so great because it has a certain memory attached - would be the homemade popcorn ball we would walk a mile to the outskirts of town to get. We would trick-or-treat sometimes in our moonboots and heavy snow gear out in Montana. Those were the days when you were still allowed to eat apples and oranges and homemade stuff. So that's my A+ . My other favs would be especially the ones I can't get in Germany, since German chocolate trumps all anyway. So I love the occasional Butterfinger, Reeses whatever and Baby Ruth.
Are you starting a support group? I really need to join. This is the first year I haven't confiscated my kids candy, but of course it isn't really Halloween yet. I love the sugary candies, nerds, sweettarts, smarties, etc. Chocolate is always good. I love kit kat and whoppers.
You can have my junior mints too. They're ok, but only when I need a quick breath fix.
I can't stand milk duds or tootsie rolls. I think somebody was trying to collect gold in the good ol' days and tried to think of any candy that would pull out fillings to come up with those.
I can tell you're excited, too! I love all the chocolate candy bars, especially kitkats, butterfingers, snickers, reeses cups, twix, 3 musketeers. I confiscate all m&ms immediately for future batches of m&m cookies. I also like the snickers for snickers/apple/coolwhip "salad."
Fun post!
AnythiNg chocolate and peanut butter earns a huge A. Anything gummy makes me want to wretch. Any hard sucky candies are disgusting. Sweet tarts are pretty O.K. Twizzlers, YUK. Bubblegum is annoying. Twix, Kit-Kat, Milky Way and three Musketeer make me happy too. I am a candy stealer too, but only when the kiddos aren't looking and sometimes when they are:0)
I LOVE it! :-) But, my problem is that I love it all...the chocolate and the candy! Lucky for me, my kids will share. :-)
Almonds joys are my fav. Even though I am allergic to them I just eat around the almond:) You would like out house nothing, but chocolate, chocolate!
Post a Comment