Wednesday, October 8, 2008

7 Interesting Things


My friend Tonya tagged me for this. You are supposed to list 7 interesting or weird things about yourself. I have been reading others list of 7 things and it's been fun to read. I've learned some unique things about my friends out there. So here are some interesting things about me:

1. I drive with my left foot resting on the dashboard.

2. I type a lot of stuff with my fingers as i'm listening to people speak or when I see signs.

I have to say that this quirk is getting better. I used to do it constantly but I don't do it near as much as I did even a year ago. I started doing this when I was in the 9th grade and I took a typing class (back when people actually used typewriters).

3. I don't like to try new things when I go to restaurants. I hate being disappointed when I've paid for something. So unless I'm pretty sure I will like something new I stick with what I know I will like so I'm not disappointed.

4. I sleep with one of my feet off the edge of the bed.

5. I'm afraid of children falling.

I wouldn't say that I'm afraid of heights because I don't have a problem if it's just me. but if there are children with me then I become this maniac that won't let my children touch the edge of the railing or look over the side of the cliff.

6. I like to stay in hospitals.

I mean where else will someone bring me food and I get the remote control all to myself?

7. I have a hard time with my blood being taken.

or anyone elses for that matter. I have been known to pass out when having blood drawn. I start to see white circles and then black fills in around those white circles and the next thing I know I am laying down with a cold compress on me. I also can't stand to see others with tubes or needles in them. I cannot go into hospital rooms if someone has a lot of tubes in them. My sister does NOT have this quirk and is graduating from nursing school in December.

So there you have it. I tag anyone who hasn't done this and wants to. I would love to read all about the quirky things you do.

13 comments:

Amanda D said...

Wasn't it great to hear the click, click of a real typewriter? I'm the same as you at restaurants - I want to know I'm going to like it! Love your list.

Krista Lou Cook said...

I bet emma jumping of the bridge last summer was a little hard for you!

Bridget said...

I do #2 ALL THE TIME!

And about #1, isn't that a bit dangerous?? If you got in a car accident wouldn't your leg just snap off at the hip? Ouch.

Chris said...

Of course our answer to #3 is that you order something you know you'll like and I try the new stuff. If I'm hungry enough I'll eat anything.

#4 Is this a hint? I seem to remember Tanya Tucker saying something about that.

Darilyn said...

Chris, how in the world did you remember the lyrics to that song? And no, it doesn't mean our marriage is in trouble. I just don't like to feel the claustrophia of the sheets around me. During the summer I just throw the blanket off one leg and I'm fine. But during the winter I have to let it hang off the side so that I'm not cold. Yes, I know, weird.

Sarah said...

So do you always drive like that or just sometimes.

Darilyn said...

Sarah, not always.

Bridget, I have thought about what would happen if I got in a car accident with my leg like that. Not a good thought. It would certainly be a bad thing.

Mandy said...

I have to agree #1 doesnt seem very safe. Do you drive like that with your children in the car? referring to #5 because that seems more likely for an accident to occur then them looking over the edge of a cliff

jaust.me said...

Okay crazy lady. I missed the AZ post and I just want to say it was so fun to have you here. I think we need a follow up report. Did the food live up to the hype? When are you headed back for more sunshine and snakes?

Hailey Vial said...

thanks, I like learning more about you. It's all those unique and odd quirks that make us who we are.
And I'm completely with you on the railing fear.

Melissa said...

I do that with restaurants too for the exact same reason :) Usually I try and convince Bruce to try something I think I might like so that the next time if I do I can order it! :)

Tonya said...

I'm totally with you on the fear of children falling. It freaks me out, but I am terrified of heights too, unless there's water under me. Weird, I know.

brenda said...

I drive with my left foot tucked up on the seat. It's just more comfortable to me. Don't you need a pimped-out-low-rider to put your foot on the dash? I can just picture you and it makes me smile.