I love seeing my cousins. Have I mentioned that before? I think I have. On Saturday we met my cousins Chris and Katie and their adorable children at Tryon Creek State Park. They are here visiting from North Carolina. To my surprise my aunt Sherilyn was there as well. I love my Aunt Sherilyn. She is the one who taught me how to do cartwheels and she would also spend hours pushing me on the merry go round at the park. I would spend a week every summer with her and my uncle when they lived here in the Portland area and I was in high school. I need to mention that I feel a kindred sisterhood with Katie. Long before she married Chris I knew she would become a member of our family. There were just too many similarities. Her maiden name is Cook, same as mine. Her middle name is Ray which rhymes with my middle name of May. After we moved from Albany, OR they moved there and were in the same ward that we had been in. She sold Mary Kay for a number of years and I did too. And she is just dang cool. Is that a similarity? I hope so. She made the best Rice Krispy treats for our picnic. I have to share the recipe. I hope you don't mind Katie.
Better than ever Rice Krispy Treats
Melt together:
1 bag marshmallows
1 1/2 cups butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
15 comments:
Ooh, those look good! I am trying so hard to not think about calories...
How fun to have a visit from good friends/family. I'm glad you got to enjoy it!
Im headed to the store so I can make some right now!
YUM. Rice Krispie treats with brown sugar?! Love that.
That's great when extended family can be good friends too.
Kindred soul sister in laws. I love it! Thanks for sharing the recipe those sound yummy!
Mandy~ Katie is actually married to my cousin. It's kind of confusing because my cousin's name is Chris, same as my husband's name.
Being cool is definitely a similarity. That is assuming that this Katie is cool anyway. But if you say she is, then I believe it.
I love that you are so close to your family. I have never heard of brown sugar in rice krispie treats...thanks for sharing the recipe! YUM.
Yum! I will have to try them!
i've never even thought of a variation to rice krispies... but those look great!
Anything with that much butter is okay in my book!
Those look delicious! Enjoy the times with your family.
Hey what size for the box of rice krispies?? I want to make those today they sound really good:)
I think you should make those for our next book group at your house! YUM...they look delicious. Cute picture :)
mmm. Sounds good! I love seeing the pics from all of your fun family excursions. I didn't know your maiden name is cook.
Post a Comment