The yogurt is "Vanana" flavored. May sound wierd to some but the combo of vanilla and banana in my opinion is heaven sent. So to find a Vanana Yogurt is awesome. I put about a 1/2 cup of the yogurt in a bowl and put the Soy and Flax cereal on top and eat it up. The cereal may sound disgusting but it's not. I was skeptical too when the nice sample person at Trader Joes offered me some. I thought, "Not in a million years will I like this." I was surprised at how yummy it was. Very crunchy and slightly sweet. It's basically like putting granola on your yogurt but with the added benefit of soy and flax.
What are all of you eating for the most important meal of the day? New ideas are always great.
16 comments:
That looks really good. I am eating Kashi Go Lean. Its cereal I never thought I would like either. It was recommended by Mahina and I thought I'd give it a try. I needed to wean myself from my kids' pancakes and syrup so it was a good step in the right direction. Now I totally love the cereal and don't want to eat anything else. It has 8 grams of fiber and protein. Very filling and yummy.
I'm sorry I have no new ideas. I eat pretty much the same as you. Granola with flax and yogurt. I have never tried your yogurt though. that looks delicious, I'm buying some for sure.
I love the kashi go lean too. Also good with yogurt!
Lately I've been eating 3 egg whites scrambled, with some sort of fruit. Not very exciting. I got some good cereal at TJ too. It has pumkin seeds and flax in it, pretty good!
That looks really good I'll have to try it, hope Wild Oats has it we dont' have a Trader Joes here that I know of. We were on the go this morning so I had a bagel from Einstein's. I know, bad...but it was that or skip breakfast!
This looks pretty good...I may have to try it. I have been eating eggs and fruit or weight control oatmeal. Not very exciting but they do the job.
I have the Kashi Go Lean crunch in my cupboard right now. If that's the same one. I love it too. And Aundrea, I can't do the all egg white thing. I've tried and just can't do it. It may be mental.
Latley, whatever I can grab before I go. I love yogurt and fruit but... 1.5 C soy milk, 1/2 C OJ, 1 banana. blend it up and..... YUMMYYY!
I eat either lucky charms or grad a bagel at Einsteins. Reading about all you healthy people is disturbing. Just kidding, I quite often will have the yogurt and granola. I haven't tried your cereal or your yogurt before. I will have to try it. I wasn't kidding about my "kid" choices for breakfast though. At least I can blame it on the pregnancy right now.
Wow! I love you Oregon people! I do enjoy the yogurt and cereal thing, but it's vanilla yoplait (probably not even real acidophillus) with cranberry pecan crunch. This is when I remember to eat. Occasionally, it's fritos and a diet coke from the vending machine in the teacher's lounge. Lauren always fixes her own breakfast. Honey nut cheerios is about as healthy as I can get her to go. Emma will hardly eat breakfast, but she misses bacon and eggs or pancakes at Nana B's.
I wish I could be this health conscious, I really do. Something about the heat in AZ, I think it makes us slightly crazy.
monique it is definiltly the heat. I remember to eat breakfast so much more when it is cooler outside. The heat makes us less hungry.
Cereal. Every day. (The yogurt & granola is a lunch thing for me.) Grape Nuts, Crunchy Corn Bran, Corn Flakes, Rice Krispies, Cheerios or the occasional splurge of Golden Grahams, the only "sugar cereal" I can stand to eat. Compared to everyone else's breakfast menu, I feel like I might as well be eating corn dogs for breakfast. ;-)
I love grapenuts too. That was my favorite cereal as a kid. My mom would NEVER by any cereal with sugar in it so I would eat that and sprinkle my own on top. I don't know if she knew about that part or not.
Hi!
Are you by any talking about Charlene? Cause she is my husband's cousin and a VERY fun person.
And I eat a Kashi/Fiber 1/Raisan Bran mix with some chopped almonds and fresh berries. (It's all premixed excdept the berries so it's not a lot of work) and I LOVE it. I even take it on vacation with me!
The person I'm talking about is Susie and she is married to Berkeley. Last I heard they lived in Connecticut but that was several years ago. So do you mix that cereal yourself or do you buy it premixed?
I usually forget or run out of time before breakfast. I also tend to hate breakfast foods, but I do have a favorite quick fix, I suppose. Try a toasted English muffin or a bagel with fresh avacado spread over it. Top that off with some garlic powder and some parmesan cheese. Delicious, I promise! Oh, and listen to Gogol Bordelo. That has nothing to do with breakfast, but my wording reminded me of the band. Awesome!
I love the protein Plus Special K. 5 Fiber, 8 protien, 1.5 fat, and 100 cal. It's filling too. Today the kids had bananna bread and yogurt.
Post a Comment