Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Project Finished



This is a picture of one of my recent finished projects. This doesn't happen very often around here. I often have great ideas but rarely actually start them or finish them. In August we spent 4 days in Lincoln City with my Dad. Each time I went down to the beach I would find interesting things. Shells, seaglass (which I love to collect), bits of fishing net, driftwood and even a few agates. Then I found a large piece of wood which I love to think came from a shipwrecked boat. Of course it's more likely that it's from a washed out deck but I'll go for the dramatic here. So I arranged everything on the wood, hot glued it down and Chris put a bracket on it for me. I LOVE it. It reminds all of us of the great time we had on that beach trip.

7 comments:

Melissa said...

It's beautiful! Great work!

Bridget said...

That is so cool. YOu are so creative!

Merilee said...

wow, you guys found some really cool things! I love them all on the wood. And I love that it was a family project.

Aundrea said...

That's cool, it will always remind you of what fun you had.

mahina said...

what a great way to remember such a fun family vacation!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Sea glass?....... I still giggle about how you used to think it was made.... oh.. memories. :)

Darilyn said...

what do you mean "used"? I haven't changed my mind. In fact I recently read an article in a magazine about sea glass and it said the same thing. Most sea glass however is from old bottling companies that used to just dump it in the ocean. They don't do that anymore obviously but there is a lot of glass down there and it's fun when it washes up on shore.