Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Fun Fun Fun







I don't really know how to start telling about my trip back east. It was amazing. I'm afraid to talk about it because I don't want to leave anything out because it was all so fun. Here are a few highlights.

* Staying up until the wee hours of the morning talking. But not as late as Chelle and Merilee. They wouldn't shut up and let me sleep! Quote: "I wonder what time it is? It's getting pretty light outside." - Chelle Larson at 7am!

* Nice Hilton Hotel and eating hot wings over nice hotel WHITE towels on the bed.

* Laughing at the Flight of the Conchords until I had tears running down my face. FOOTLOOSE!

* Stopping at a little roadside apple farm in Vermont and tasting a new kind of apple. Quote: "This tastes like it came right from a tree." - Chelle Larson upon eating an apple that came right from a tree. We laughed and laughed about that one.

* Taking an amazing tour of Orchard House which is where Louise May Alcott lived.

* Going to an evening forum at the original School of Philosophy. A building built next to Orchard house where Bronson Alcott, Thoreau and Emerson taught about Transcendentalism. We listened to a presenter speak about Thoreau and another speaker spoke about Goethe. It was an amazing evening.

* Shopping at Nesting in Concord. And realizing we needed two more days in that town.

* Kimballs icecream. Thanks Sarah for telling us about this amazing place.

* Hearing the Mormon tabernacle Choir coming from the woods around the Joseph Smith Memorial. I couldn't figure out where the sound was coming from. I found out they put speakers in the woods. It creates this really great effect.

* Seeing Chelle again and the three of us having so much fun together.

* Being myself, laughing, crying, smiling, and eating some pretty amazing chocolate and popcorn.

15 comments:

megan said...

I love when Merilee and you do things together because you always blog about it so much faster, plus you guys write about different things so I feel like I get to hear the whole story. Also I love Flight of the Conchords, I'm glad you laughed so hard at it! we have all of them tivo'd at my parents house. I'm so jealous of your trip. I can't wait until my kids are a little older and I can ditch them to fly across the country and hang out with friends.Ha ha!

Aundrea said...

I'm so glad you guys had fun! I can actually hear your laughter in my head and it's making me smile. It's also making me excited for bookclub so I can get in on some of the laughter!

Bridget said...

Oh, sounds like you guys had a blast, of course. I am glad Sarah remembered Kimballs ice cream. That was the best!

Merilee said...

I'm laughing so hard again about the "apple right off the tree". I love the way you wrote about our trip, it's beautiful.

Jodi said...

I am looking forward to book group so we can hear ALL the stories! Glad you had such a fun trip :)

Krista Lou Cook said...

Now you know why I love VT so much. Imagine takin gyour investigators there to hear an apostle speak. Or hikin gup the hills behind the monumnet (patriarch hill) and looking forever over the tree tops. Did you go down and see the original frame houses?

ducklips said...

oh, that sounds so fabulous! Every bit of yours and Mer's description makes me want to go back east and visit.

Elizabeth Dimit said...

I never knew there were such fun things to do in the Northeast! What a fun trip. And the weather looked fabulous! So glad you got a break, too.

jaust.me said...

I love your pics and descriptions of your trip - fabulous! Also, I can't wait until Meg's kids are older so she can travel. They're not even BORN YET! I'm so jealous and yet happy for you guys all at the same time. I think that being from Arizona (or anywhere in the west) it is so awesome to go back east and get a real feel for the history of our country. Of course you guys have the whole Lewis and Clark visit, but the thought of walking in and around 300 year old buildings is incredible. I've loved each trip I've made back east and always long to go back, especially when I see round trip tickets for well under $200. I look forward to hearing more.

mahina said...

i love all the quotes! michelle is a crack up! i miss her! i visit taughter her and we had the best time visiting with her!

Sarah said...

I'm jelous. What a blast!

Melissa said...

When we have more money Bruce and I want to go back East and have him show me around where he grew up (in CT) and see some of the east coast and stuff (I've been to NY and DC but that's really it). It looks so beautiful.

Nyree said...

I'm so happy you had such a wonderful time, I could cry!!

Emily said...

Oh my goodness! I almost forgot that there are parts of the country that are not red and white, but green!One thing you can definitely say about Page, we are damn patriotic right down to the colors of our sand, sky, and lake! Okay, okay! So, the occasional yellow flower or green sage bush sneaks in ... I love your pretty pictures, especially the farm.

I wish I could have wallowed in the senseless deaths of hundreds of young women with you, too. Oh, sorry! It's the lit major/history minor peeking out from below the skirt. Anyone up for a good pre-hippie commune?

Emily said...

I sound very cynical, but it's all in good fun!