Thursday, December 18, 2014
Christmas
It's exactly one week until Christmas. I've been enjoying this Christmas season a lot. It hasn't been stressful which is surprising considering that Chris had surgery, my mom is still recovering and the girls still have a lot of stuff going on. But I've felt a lot of peace this year. It's been nice to come home after I drop the girls off at school, settle onto the couch with my tea and the lights from the tree and watch a little CNN. After about a half hour of the day's news I go back to my desk to get started on the day's files. And even though I'm stuck at my desk for the rest of the morning and afternoon I am almost always done by 2:30 when I need to pick up the girls. And that leaves the rest of the afternoon to get dinner prepared, talk with the girls, spend some time with Makenzie and Chris. I did about 80% of my Christmas shopping online and so I havent had too many errands to run. My home is decorated for Christmas but I didn't go overboard this year. When I ran out of horizontal space to put things I quit. The Christmas lights didn't make it onto the house before Chris had his surgery. The day he was planning on doing it he helped with a service project at church cutting firewood for families that need it. I don't mind at all that it didnt get done. What's more important anyway, some lights that profess your Christmas spirit or the real spirit of Christmas which is helping God's children? Life has felt chill around here. It's been peaceful.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
<3 this.
Post a Comment