Sunday, July 14, 2013

Three Days No Work No Kids

On the way up to Seattle today I told Chris that the past three days have been the best so far of my summer. I had taken a couple of days off of work because I thought I would need to drive the girls up to Seattle for Harmony Explosion, a singing camp. But then Makenzie drove them up instead. So that left me with three days with no plans. That just equals Bliss In my book. 

I cleaned off the back patio which desperately needed to be reclaimed. At one time I had a darling back patio. It's like a distant memory now. I'm trying to get that cute patio back again. It involved getting rid of a stove, a microwave and a broken cement owl bird feeder. Doesn't that sound like a recipe for a Jeff Foxworthy, "You know you're a redneck if...."?  I listed the stove and microwave on Craig's list and they were gone in 20 min. And I offered the guy $10 to haul off my broken bird feeder too. He gave me back $5 of it and took it away for me. I then covered my wooden picnic table in oilcloth. It's adorable. I'm having the patio pressure washed on Monday and then it will be ready to put stuff back on it. 

And while I was posting the patio items on Craig's List I listed the girls student desk as well. I sold it this morning for $40. Sweet!

I laid in the hammock and read. I played a lot outside with our new dog. I went on two walks a day with Waverly and Chris. And I baked chocolate chip cookies and pumpkin muffins. Because I felt like it. 

Mom and I went and had lunch at my favorite food cart, Pork Chop City. It's located in SE portland now. It's a bit of a drive but mom had a doctors appointment downtown so we just hopped the Ross Island bridge and we were there. 

I had dinner with my good friend Suzanne.  I hadn't seen her in a long time so it was fun to catch up. 

Chris and I had a date night on Friday. We saw Grownups 2 and then had pizza at Old Chicago. I had forgotten how good that place was. Yummy pizza. 

I also cleaned out the garage. It's still a long way from being done but I got a lot accomplished. 

But the best thing about the past three days was spending time with Chris. He worked from home every day because of his sunburned feet and back. He literally was not able to wear shoes. It was really nice to reconnect and just be together.

I love that feeling when you get things done you've been wanting to do for a long time. It frees you mentally. 

No comments: