Monday, June 3, 2013

Beginnings and Endings

Last night was the first of several events marking the end or beginning. Depends on how you look at it. The end of Makenzies childhood years. The beginning of the rest of her life.

Is she prepared? I hope so.

Is she ready? I know she thinks so.

And I hope so.

There is this blog I read and when thus writers daughter graduated her blog was filled with all sorts of things she had done for her.
A personalized cookbook with all her favorite recipes.
An over the top awesome graduation party.
A graduation trip to Europe
Adorable thank you gifts for teachers.

And I thought....I'm going to do that.

And I've done NONE of it. And now as I'm in the midst of things I've decided that she must be a superhero with some kind of magical powers. I can barely remember to keep putting money in my children's lunch accounts through the end of the year.

But even though there is no big party or cookbook or thank you gifts I am soooo hoping she knows I care. I hope she knows that this is a big deal. And I love her.

And I will miss her. A lot.

So on we go this week and next with more of our endings/beginnings.





No comments: