Today is day 1 of my liquid diet. One week from today I am having Gastric Bypass Surgery. Am I nervous? Yep. I couldn't say that until I received the paperwork that told me death is a possibility. That along with heart attack and renal failure. I keep telling myself that anytime you have anesthesia that is a possibility. It still freaks me out.
I've had two other surgical procedures in my life, my foot when I was 22 years old and my tonsils about 5 years ago. Never anything where they "opened me up". FREAKY.
But I figure I'm gaining years onto my life by having this done. And I'm excited about the future. A year from now I should weigh 100 pounds less. Whoa, Nellie, that's a big number.
I'll keep y'all posted on what's going on.
5 comments:
Good luck, hope the surgery and recovery go well!
I'll keep you in my prayers. I hope everything goes well.
How's the liquid diet going? Good luck, Darilyn. I hope everything goes well and I'll be praying for you. Keep us updated, for sure!
dang I'm going to me gone. From the 17-jan the 6th. BUt you will be fine in the hospital its when you come home you will need moral support. So call me and we can talk. Hip Hip hurray!!!
good luck Darilyn, i had no idea you were having this done. I hope all goes well for you
Post a Comment