Thursday, August 25, 2011
Mamma Mia!
I think the year was 2000. I was sitting on our couch in the living room watching the Today show and they did a segment about a new musical called "Mamma Mia." I immediately knew I had to see it. More than any other broadway show, my heart desired to see this one because I Love ABBA!. It was one of the first three albums I ever owned. It may have been the first but I'm not really sure. It's in the company of Grease and Barbara Mandrell, Live. Interesting assortment, huh?
Anyway, I wanted to see this show but knew it would be a along time coming because New York City is far away. Last night my dream came true. I got to see Mamma Mia and it was absolutely everything I wanted it to be. I went by myself and stood at the end and danced and sang at the top of my lungs. The music was AWESOME. The acting SUPERB and I LOVE ABBA.
Did you know that once I even planned an entire Relief Society Homemaking around Abba? Yep, I did.
I've been on a Broadway show extravaganza lately. Just a few weeks ago I saw Les Mis with Chris for the first time. I walked away from that one thinking, "huh, it was okay. Expected it to be better with all the hype and devotion it gets." And I know, people say, "But the music, the music." To me the music of Les Mis is the same music that they just keep recycling with different lyrics. It all sounds the same.
But ABBA, Ah, now that speaks to my soul.
You can just call me a hippie chick rather than an opera chick. I'm fine with that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Was this a spur of the moment thing? I have wanted to see this also! Glad you had such a good time!
So glad you got to see it! Sounds amazing! Congrats!
So glad you got to see it! I would love to see it. The music is amazing. How fun!
Post a Comment