I love this guy and no, my husband doesn't mind. He loves him too. For the past four years we have had the privilege of getting to know him better as he has been going to medical school at OHSU. I am not his mother or his aunt. I am in fact his second cousin ( his dad and I are cousins) in my family it just means we are cousins. But I feel a little possessive of him, like he is my little brother or my nephew. Over the past four years he has done laundry at our home, eaten meals with us, played board games with us, been to our girls' recitals, played a bank robber at Heidi's western-themed birthday party a few years ago and shared about 100 diet Pepsi or diet cokes with me. Before he moved here I loved him because he was a member of my family. Now I love him because I know him. For mother's day he spent the day with us, calling his mom from our house. He gave me a big hug and told me Happy Mother's day and then thanked me for being a "mom" to him. Sniff, sniff, see what I mean? He is great.
Today he graduated from OHSU school of Medicine and can officially be called Dr. Rood. He is doing his residency in Albuquerque, New Mexico in Pediatrics. I can think of no one better to help ailing children and parents of these children cope with their child's illnesses. He is kind, gentle and knowledgeable. And I'm a proud cousin/aunt/older sister.
Four years with Corey from Darilyn May on Vimeo.
5 comments:
Aw that is so sweet! Great work. And he sounds like an amazing guy.
Awesome job Darilyn.. Good luck Corey....
he's coming to our neck of the woods! maybe we will meet him if he is in pediatrics!
Mahina, he is in pediatrics and he's a member of the church and he's single. Got any single girlfriends?
He sounds like a GREAT guy!
Post a Comment