Thursday, March 11, 2010

So you think St. Patrick's day is crazy....

First off, I know my banner on my blog is a bit wacky.  I tried to fix it and it will take smarter powers than I have to fix it so it will be a consultation with my husband.
Okay, now that i have cleared all that up on to more important matters.  Like St. Patrick's day.  Yes, I know you think it's a crazy holiday.  I hear over and over that it is a reason to eat corned beef and drink beer. Well, the corned beef I love, the beer not so much.

I know I have said it before, but I had no idea how big of a holiday St. Patricks Day would become in our family.  It is huge.  Busier than any other holiday and that includes Christmas.  Notice I didn't say more important but busier.  For the past four months Emma has had three to four hours of classes a week in preparation for St. Pat's day.  They have had one performance so far but the feet will really start jigging this Saturday.  And then on St. Patrick's day itself they start dancing at 8:30 in the morning and I believe have eight performances that day.  She will be done dancing at about 9 p.m. that night.  It's crazy, it's insane, its busy, it's hurried and I love it.  Perhaps its the synchronization of the hard shoes of seeing 20 pairs of feet making the same exact sounds at the same exact time.  It gets my blood going, its an adrenaline rush.  Weird, i know.  Last year Emma was doing beginner dances and we both watched in awe at the more experienced dancers do their treble jig in the straight line and move back and forth in synchopated rhythm.  This year, Emma is one of those dancers.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

p.s. If you want to find out where to get the best corned beef ever then read this previous blog post.

6 comments:

Hailey Vial said...

So exciting! I would love to see one of her performances, are there any the *public* can into?
I can't wait for pix of The Wig!

Melissa said...

Aw good for her! I hope she has a great time performing!

Krista Lou Cook said...

Personally I think just having a reason for corned beef and cabbage are cool enough. Can't wait to watch Emma on Sat.

Tonya said...

How cool that she gets to be one of the advanced dancers!!!! I would love to see her perform as well. What a cool sport. Yes, dancing is a sport, right?

Amanda D said...

Any chance you'll be able to post a video of part of the dancing? I'd love to hear some. And of course see that wig on!

Quinn said...

I'm with the others, would you post a video clip of Emma dancing? What a cool thing to do. St. Pats day is unheard of here. I think I said that last year though.