
I was told today in a fit of rage that I was the meanest mom ever. This came because I told her to go to her room and work on her homework. She had been home for 2 1/2 hours and had not done what she was supposed to.
Hm, if I'm the meanest mom ever then why am I here? Believe me, i would have bailed a long time ago. My hours are terrible, I don't get paid at all and I certainly get no recognition. I'm here because I love you, dear daughter of mine.
This makes me think about a conversation I had two nights ago with a friend. She put forth the idea that all moms should have sweatshirts. With patches. And the patches would say things like , "my child may not be an A student but I help them everyday with their homework" or " I sewed on a trillion boyscout patches" What about, "I feed my family?"
I applaud this idea. We should all have sweatshirts and wear them on Mothers day. And then instead of the dumb plant or flower that is going to die (sorry, it's the way I feel) the men at my church could give us stripes, kind of like the ones the military wear so proudly on their uniforms. The stripes would say we survived another year of motherhood. And speaking of military, they get saluted.
I'd like to be saluted. Maybe just once.
Perhaps someone is reading this that has a husband and children that applaud them and express their thanks most profusely. To this person I say congratulations. I'm happy for you, but I need a sweatshirt.
12 comments:
You are so funny! That was a good post. One time Jeremy asked me if he could watch a movie. I told him no. His response, "That's the meanest thing you've ever done!"
It's so funny!
You can't be the meanest mom ever - I am! Just ask my daughter.
Love the sweatshirt and patch idea. Such a great idea.
I want one and would TOTALLY wear it with pride on Mother's Day. This is a great plan, Darilyn! Maybe you will start a movement. I know I'm in :)
Amen! I would be the first to follow your trend.
My daughter, whom I'm homeschooling for HER benefit, not mine, told me she's learned nothing and doesn't expect me to get any better.......hmmm.... I feel I need a "I-gave-up-every-free-moment-I-had-to-homeschool-an-ungrateful-child Badge".
You rock D!
Being a mom is hard. for sure.
http://www.TheUltimateTimeWaster.com
http://www.D9Robot.com
http://www.CetraAG.com
Or how about a "yes, maam!" When we ask them to do something, and they actually do it the first time we ask? I love the sweatshirt idea:) Hang in there! You can always be mean like me and tell them you are going to take one of their Christmas presents back to the store, or even worse, give it to their best friend so they can see it being used all the time...
I meant like they get in the military...:)
Well it sounds like we need to draw up some plans. I think it would help all mothers out there. When the holidays settle down, we'll have to get together and make this happen. We'll have to a name for this. Throw out some ideas...
Like Mama Scouts, or Mothers Rock, The Grande Dames, Motherines, Amazing Matriarchs, or Mother Force.
I'm all for it! It rings true for all of us moms! Thanks for a good post!
This is one of my all-time favorite posts! Hysterical, Darilyn...because it's SO true! My sister and I were just talking about how emotional husbands are after you deliver a baby and how they think the world of you...and how quickly that fades. Ha! And the kids...oh, don't get me started. Add me to the mean mom club. I think Chris and the girls have been given an AWESOME idea for Christmas! Salute.
Amen Sista!
Well said, D!
Good job being a mean mom. That shows you're doing it right!
Post a Comment